PDA

View Full Version : Bloody saliva

aaronrh76
07-09-16, 21:20
So as of late, I have been waking up this morning and spitting out a lot of bright red blood. Its not from coughing and its not mucus, its just my saliva with blood in it. I have a persistent cough due to allergies, which I know its allergies because I live in Austin which is allergies year round. I went on vacation to visit family not too long ago for a week in Missouri, barely coughed, once I came back to Austin the cough came back, although it has not been nearly bad as it was in June and July. I am definately not coughing hard or consistent enough to cause trauma to my throat or lungs. My nose is pretty clear, I have always kind of had a slight difficulty breathing through my nose but not enough to cause me to be short of breath. I do not have a sore throat, and I feel in pretty good health. I saw a dentist last month where he did a quick check up and said I have two minor cavities and slight gingivitis, but overall not bad, I do have an appointment for a deep cleaning two weeks from now, but from how he said it my teeth are in overall decent shape, I don't think that would cause my saliva to be bloody. Perhaps it is acid reflux? I do have that from time to time, but again I have had acid reflux for a long time, and never spat up bloody saliva. I am not too overly worried about it, as I am 36 so cancer would be super rare, I had a chest xray in early June which came back spotless, I tested negative in July for Sleep Apnea, I had an endoscopy August of 2014 which came back negative, plus a colonoscopy which came back negative as well. The only other thing I can think of is my heart, maybe when I am sleeping blood is pooling in my throat.

Has anyone had anything similar? Its only in the morning, never throughout the day.

helenhoo
07-09-16, 22:00
I had this! Can't shed any light on what it was but I would wake up and have bloody saliva and other times I'd just taste it, spit and have same thing. It lasted on and off for a few weeks and went, i put it down to allergies tbh.