PDA

View Full Version : Losing home, feel so stressed.

Namoi
08-09-16, 05:56
Hello, just needed somewhere to write this out.

Me and my brother have been living in this house for over 20 years, looking after my mother who is heavily physically disabled. She's also had Alzheimer's for a while, but we didn't really know/know how bad it was getting until towards the end of last year when it progressed rapidly to a point where she wouldn't let anyone look after her. She doesn't know who we are anymore and she has gone into a home because we couldn't provide the care she needed.

This in itself has been distressing enough but we've been unsure what's going to happen with our home. It is a council house and we've been trying to take over the tenancy, but after a few months of trying we've been rejected today. Half expected it but hoped otherwise, as it has an extra bedroom, and they questioned over whether we'd be able to pay the bedroom tax and things.

I'm in pieces over it to be honest. This is my home, and with everything else going on right now losing it is just another thing thrown on top of the pile.

We've been accepted for another house already, after being asked to make ourselves available in case it was a rejection - but it's very much out of the way and it's supposedly not in the best of areas. The thought of moving makes me feel sick. I suffered with agoraphobia on and off over the years as a part of my anxiety - moving is a big deal, forcefully moving in a small timeframe is a complete nightmare. I'm stressing over every little detail, will it be a rough neighbourhood, how will I manage this and that. I feel so upset.

Has anyone been through similar which would have any advice?

KeeKee
08-09-16, 09:38
I'm sorry to hear this. I've never been in that situation but I do apparently live in a rough area. When I first moved here people actually used to say that my street was awful etc, it apparently had a rep. Other than youngsters being loud and annoying though (which calmed right down in recent years) it wasn't that bad.

I'd try not to worry too much as you never know it may not be as bad as it seems. If it is, would you be able to put in for another move?

georgewing
08-09-16, 12:06
I am sory for you as its a dificult situation .I know its had for you and its a stresful situation but wait also for the new home and also maybe will you acomodate wiht the new one and maybe in time you will forget about the old house

Namoi
08-09-16, 23:19
Thanks for the replies, I've calmed down a bit I just still feel really upset. It should be possible to request another move, or perhaps when I get my feet on the ground to rent privately - thing is where we're moving is sort of out of the way. I need to visit my mother in the nursing home and it's much more difficult to get to from there as I don't drive. Only thing which brings me peace is to think of this as a temporary measure until I can find somewhere a bit more suitable.

I guess it's easy with anxiety to look at a situation and catastrophize about the worst case, that it'll be like this forever and things. I still feel really upset about losing this house though, I loved living here.