PDA

View Full Version : anxiety/smoking

tam
26-03-07, 09:25
hi all ive been thinking and wanting to stop smoking for ages.As soon as i get up and have a cig i can feel my self go in a different mood straight away,its like my body drains and its so instant,alot of my anxiety comes when i feel tired so this causes a big problem.well today is the day im trying ive got the patch on and here i go,hoping telling you all and keep letting you know will also help me further,anybody want to join me?thanks tracy:hugs:

jo61
26-03-07, 09:32
I wish I could tam but my hubby smokes loads and I find it really difficult to give up when there are cigs in the house.

hoppipolla
26-03-07, 13:32
i tried smoking again recently partly to see if it relaxed me, partly as i have a bit of a thing about it (breathing smoke makes me feel uncomfortable) and kinda also to see if it would make me feel a bit stronger in myself as i'm usually way too worried about what my mum and sister and stuff would think even though i'm really too old for that.

didn't really help though... it just made my head feel more hazy and panicky and numb... i didn't like it too much. i still have some left but i dunno... they have never really done that much for me.

eastender
26-03-07, 23:41
Been on the patches for 4 weeks now going ok so far ! Think the prozac and propanalol help though lol

Good luck with it let us all know how you get on.

RachelC
27-03-07, 06:25
Loads of luck Tam! I know how hard it is.

tam
27-03-07, 09:48
thanks all well i had no cigs yesterday and felt great,struggled last night really wanted one but didnt.today isnt as easy,im bloody gasping this morning,so we will see:shrug:

joe-yes my hubby smokes but he is going outside,but yes i know what you mean cigs in the house,its hard.

eastender-well done 4 weeks is great,are you having gum or anything else as well as the patches?

jill
27-03-07, 16:01
Hi Tam, :D

I just wanted to wish you luck and some PMA (positive mental attatude ) it IS DAME hard giving up the cigs, but we all know, IT CAN BE DONE.

I have been off the cigs for awhile now. I stared with a 15 mg patch, stayed on them for 4 weeks, then went down to 10 mg for 4 weeks, now I am on the 5mg, just started them this week. I have 4 box's of 5 mg. It has NOT been easy, but I still have not had a cig.:yesyes: I am going for Hypmotherapy on thursday, its a 2 hour session and its free, this is to try and keep me of the fags. I do feel much better for NOT smoking, but I am still not out of the woods yet. I still say to people I'm trying to give them up, so maybe one day I can say, NO THANK YOU , I DON'T SMOKE LOL.

Sending you lots of positive vibes. YOU CAN DO IT :yesyes:

YOU TAKE CARE:flowers:

LOVE JILLXXX

honeybee
27-03-07, 16:11
hello, i gave up about 18 mionths ago but started again last october time ish... because i live in wales the smoking ban is starting on april the 2nd so i wanna stop before then. i just reading easyway to stop smoking by alan carr.... its helped so many people i know give up, even some who were on about 80 a day... not looking forward to putting on any more weight though. i put on 2 half stone last time i gave up. went from 8 1/2 stone to 11... really dont wanna put anymore on... i'll be giving up in the next week or so, i'll let ya know how it goes

tam
27-03-07, 21:54
hi all,well done jill your doing really well.
honeybee good luck when you give it a go and keep us informed.
well i still not had any today it has been really hard and ive needed to keep busy alot,but even though im on only day 2 i have felt really good and definatley not as tired and run down as i normally feel,i think this is making me try harder as being tired is one of my biggest things at the moment,thanks for all reply its really helping me keep coming back telling everyone and getting the support thanks again tracy:hugs:

SANDYJANE
28-03-07, 11:01
hi tam

just want 2 say well done and keep it up girl, i gave up last july cos i found that everytime i had a fag it just made my panic attacks worse,, it does get better girl , so good luck

sandy xx

Bennydog
04-04-07, 07:34
I recently gave up smoking cigars, which I inhaled like cigarettes, and i smoked just as regularly, and to be honest I have had MUCH less pa's and anxiety since I quit... Good luck quitting!

eastender
04-04-07, 10:48
Hows it going Tam? I'm just using the patches, still on the 15mg down to 10mg soon. Hope its getting easier for you.

ksmith
05-04-07, 09:59
Thought I might give you some inspiration! I gave up smoking last July coz of health anxiety. I was a very committed smoker and I loved it BUT, have had a few lapses over this holiday period. Anyway, I took my blood pressure before having a fag and after and guess what? After the ciggie, it was rocket high! It was enuff to frighten me to going back to being a total non-smoker.

It is hard, but stick with it!

Kay x

tam
07-04-07, 11:14
hi all thought i better let you know i failed i went 2 days then had a fag and its got more and more i have been having again,dont think my 3 kids being on holiday for 2 weeks is helping agggghhhhhhh.i am going to give it a go again when they back at school,thanks for support and will let you know when i try again.thanks again tracy:wall:

Children_of_God
07-04-07, 19:29
Hey I just quit today, I'm using the gum...so maybe you could help me through it too? lol. good luck = )