PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!

Thomas1985
08-09-16, 12:42
Hi,

First time on here and looking for some help.

I am 31 years old, married with a 20 month old daughter. I am in full time work and do my best to eat well and train often. However I suffer from severe physical symptoms of what I hope is anxiety:

Light Headed all day every day
Feel spaced out all the time
Ringing in ears and pressure
Off balance walking
Shaky
Pressure on chest and breathlessness comes and goes
When I enter into a face to face conversation now I start feeling pressure building in my chest and feel generally really unwell.
HUGE LACK of energy

I have had the following tests:

ECG
Echo Cardio
Heart MRI
Bloods
Brain scan

all within the last 2 years and all clear.

I just generally feel tired and unwell and I'm scared I am sick with something serious. At the moment I'm obsessed with cancer (Non Hodge Lyp).

Does anybody else feel generally sick/ill with anxiety???

Please help as I am scared to death and its effecting my family and work life!

Kuatir
08-09-16, 13:30
Yeah, anxiety can make me just feel like absolute shite. All of those symptoms too.The fact you can pinpoint times where you feel the symptoms ramping up screams anxiety too.

Speak to a doctor about the anxiety and try to get yourself some help.

axolotl
08-09-16, 13:37
I don't think here's anything there that can't be put down to anxiety, and I'd be reassured by the amount of tests you've had - in fact I've had nearly all the same tests which also came back clear.

My symptoms have been...

Palpitations
Chest pain
Tingles in hands, face and legs
Lack of concentration
Bad headaches
IBS
Abdominal pain

All scary, and all sent me into spasms of health anxiety, but all turned out to be "nothing" (at least nothing other than anxiety).

Thomas1985
08-09-16, 14:02
Thanks so much.

These are clearly anxiety symptoms but is it common to feel some of these all day every day? I have been worrying about health etc for 10+ years day in and day out! I suppose that Is a lot of worry and stress on the body!

Amazing how this site makes you think as you write stuff down.

Shelly15
08-09-16, 14:42
All the symptoms what you wrote I have them too, the worst is lightheaded all day and having no balance and no energy and feeling like I can't breathe. I've had to cut my hours at work as I can't cope, I can't leave the house and everytime I do I'm shaking and can't walk. How do you deal with it?

axolotl
08-09-16, 15:31
Thanks so much.

These are clearly anxiety symptoms but is it common to feel some of these all day every day? I have been worrying about health etc for 10+ years day in and day out! I suppose that Is a lot of worry and stress on the body!

Amazing how this site makes you think as you write stuff down.

Anxiety is an awful spiral, because you have symptoms because you're anxious, then get more anxious because of your symptom, making your symptoms worse (etc.). When I first got the tingling I worried so much about it that it became unbearable, and was pretty much constant until all tests were clear. Now I know it's nothing to worry about it happens, and I ignore it as I realise I must just be a bit on edge, and it goes away in a short time.

Thomas1985
08-09-16, 22:03
All the symptoms what you wrote I have them too, the worst is lightheaded all day and having no balance and no energy and feeling like I can't breathe. I've had to cut my hours at work as I can't cope, I can't leave the house and everytime I do I'm shaking and can't walk. How do you deal with it?

I don't deal with it well at the moment. I'm trying to take tumeric as a dietary supplement as stay clear of meds.

But I'm really not coping. Fixed on cancer and just dropping dead at the moment.

Really helps to hear I'm not alone.

Kava tea meant to be amazing but I think it's now band in the uk for some reason??

Kuatir
09-09-16, 12:23
There was a change in drug law. Now anything with psychoactive properties is instantly illegal and it has to be made legal by the government.

EDIT: Although a quick google shows that it might still be available...

Shelly15
10-09-16, 22:00
Same I stay clear of meds aswell, yep I'm fixed on that I've got cancer and I'm just about to drop down dead. I can't leave my house at all because I'm so off balance and it's so difficult for me as I have to get my child to and from school I am so off balance and my head is so foggy it proberly looks like I'm drunk! I've had ecg and blood tests so many times!

Every symptom what you have put I have, I'm glad I'm not alone. I haven't heard of kava tea, have you tried kalms tablets?