PDA

View Full Version : "COWARD"

manmoor
26-03-07, 09:47
Hello lovely people,

Could someone please stop me from cancelling my hospital appointments. I'm supposed to go for a Intravenous Urogram and Ultrasound Renal Tracts but I'm too scared of what they will find so keep cancelling :weep: They have been very good at the hospital and keep sending me out more appointments but when the letters come in I'm straight on the phone to cancel. I had another letter this morning and as yet I haven't rang and cancelled ( I've had the letter in my hand and the phone in the other for the past hour :lac: ) My doctor blames my IBS for my symptoms but of course I doubted her so she agreed to send me for these tests which was so good of her and now I'm being a numpty and cancelling out of my own stupidity and silly thoughts.

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

jo61
26-03-07, 10:46
Mandy you/re not a coward. Don't cancel though - if you're worried about yourself you need to get this checked out.

honeybee
26-03-07, 10:54
oh you're not a coward... i find with these things the anticipation is 1000 times worse that the actual event itself. just try and not cancel just for today, dont think about the appointment, just take one day at a time, the chances are that the initial anxiety you're feeling will reduce a little, is there someone you can take with you for moral support?

ceecee
26-03-07, 11:08
hi mandy i know that you are worried but i honestly think you will be fine and once you get the all clear think of the huge weight that will be lifted!!!!
take care
rach x

manmoor
26-03-07, 11:42
Thank you ladies for your replies xx I still havent cancelled as I'm determined this time to attend and as you say Rach the relief I will feel if I get the all clear is just what I need right now. Honeybee yes I have people I can take for moral support but if I tell them I've got an appointment they will badger me not to cancel so I'm saying nowt lol. The letter has been put on the noticeboard and the phone is out of my hand now as I am going to the appointment thanks you guys xxx

Phill2
26-03-07, 11:45
I always find the anticipation the worst then when it's all over I wonder what I was worried about
BTW Whats a "numpty"
Phill :shades:

sandie
26-03-07, 12:40
Hi Mandy

Oh dear......... been there.......... done that!!! Three times at the end of last year, and once this year. I cancelled FOUR procedures!!!! I finally went last month for a whole afternoon of tests/scans. Piece of cake!!! Enjoyed the fuss they made of me - the worse part of the afternoon was getting parked in the hospital car park!!!!!

I took my Rescue Remedy, had several cups of decaf tea before I left home (I needed a full bladder for one of the scans), and tried thinking calming thoughts. They were, as usual, running late - my bladder just about held out, and, legs sort-of crossed, I hobbled immediately to the nearest loo after the scan and just about made it in time!!!!

Don't cancel this time - I'm sure all will be well!!!

Sandie

JulieAs45
26-03-07, 13:19
Mandy

Go to your bloomin hospital appointment woman!!!
Does that help? :D

Good luck with it and if there is anything else i can do for you please let me know!!!!!!!!!

Julie xx
p.s. im good at this advice stuff! :yesyes:

Piglet
26-03-07, 13:25
Mand - you can do this sausage, I know that!!

Anticipatory anxiety is really a poo - we always cope so much better getting on and doing, than we do anticipating!!:blush:

I was a bit the same when I had to have a gastroscopy and yet on the day I did it even without the sedative (on balance I do prefer having my hair done though).:yesyes:

You see I like to get on and know what we are dealing with, then it can get sorted ready for my next big worry.

Lets get this one done and dusted mate, otherwise we won't be able to move onto our next worry - like Pringles being discontinued :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: !!!

Piglet realises this was a step too far and has left the room to go and hug her tubes!!

Piglet :flowers:

Jaco45er
26-03-07, 13:35
Get your ass down to that appointment you Rangers supporting muppet and I will give you that tenner I owe you ;)

Hows that for an incentive :)

Tc

Jaco

trac67
26-03-07, 14:16
Matey, you get to that appointment or you wont ever hear the end of it now we all know about it lol

Things will be fine and your mind will be put at rest :hugs:

Love

Trac xx

manmoor
26-03-07, 14:30
Thanks guys your all amazing xxx Julie your msn blocked :D and Jaco please make cheque payment to "rangersrules" :hugs: xx

vagabond
26-03-07, 17:13
Well Moo Moo........heres my bit.
I have never had to go to the doctors for any Renal Tests :
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l238/zinnglanz/headuparse.gif

However, if you ask me nicely, I will be more than happy to do the tests for you. Bend over please:
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l238/zinnglanz/surgical.gif

Piglet
26-03-07, 18:25
Zinn, ROFL and URGH!!! :D

Piglet :flowers:

Lynnann
26-03-07, 19:21
Hi Mandy,

Fear is always a difficult thing to overcome but if anyone can do it you can!
Remember this year is our year, I am sure they won't find anything. The relief you feel aterwards will be worth the turmoil you are going through at the moment.

Don't forget to let us know how you get on.

Great Big Hugs To You

Lynnann

ksmith
26-03-07, 19:31
Hi Mand

You're not a coward in the true sense of the word ..... I was at hospital last week having kidneys scanned and then X rayed. Had to drink loads of water and was dying for a wee but wasn't too bad. Worse thing was wearing that little poxy gown which shows your drawers at the back!!! (big pants lol). Two week wait for results but trying to put it out of my mind.

Thinking about it is worse than doing it.

Kay x

nomorepanic
26-03-07, 20:04
Mandy

Looks like you have to go now mate.:blush:

You can take Ted with you as I have posted him to you now. In fact take all 3!:winks: :winks:

Good luck with it!

xxx

airwolf451
26-03-07, 23:33
OH FFS MANDY ITS ONLY A APPOINTMENT, NOW ASK YOURSELF, WHAT WOULD YOU SAY TO STEVE WHILE REACHING FOR THE WIP TO BEAT THE S**T OUTTA ME LOL

TRUST ME HONEY YOU WILL BE FINE, AND IF YOU WANT TO I WILL EVEN COME WITH YOU AND SIT IN THE WAITING ROOM????

:):):):):):)):):):):):):):):):))::):):)::):)):

anxious
26-03-07, 23:37
ooooo Mandy what can i follow that with :D
"JFDI" and take ted:yesyes:

love anx xxx

manmoor
27-03-07, 00:02
Zinn I nearly wet meself when I saw that post :D Nigel thanks a million for your advice :) Steve your a laugh you are lol well I'm going to surprise you all and go to the appointment and it's thanks to all my fellow nutters at nmp even although its on the 30th of March which is my sons 15th birthday but hes too young to sup vodka so when I get home from the hospital I can have a double celebration :yesyes: thanks lovely people from the bottom of me heart :hugs:

p.s. I promise not to do a Steve and post every day about it for the next fortnight lmao..........Steve just kidding :hugs: xx

vagabond
27-03-07, 00:03
o