PDA

View Full Version : Feeling hopeless, struggling to find joy.

ryanla
08-09-16, 13:25
Hi all.

Basically the last two weeks my anxiety has gone into overdrive (due to stress of flying I believe?) I have started questioning life, the purpose, why do we die, why are we here etc. Unfortunately, I am not religious and think when we die, there is no afterlife.

It's cashing me to constantly think about this, taking the joy out of anything, I feel stuck in my own head, I'm questioning reality. It is so horrible and scary but I can't seem to snap out of it. I take 50mg of Dosulepin, however I am against taking meow medication.

I am eating healthy, drinking only water and peppermint tea, no alcohol, limiting sugar and exercising when possible. Does anyone have advice? Feel in similar place? I feel talking helps and is probably the only thing that helps at the minute.

Thanks for your time, Ryan.

lotusblossom
08-09-16, 14:53
I have started to do the same, I question everything I never used to be like this, I suppose its part of the anxiety, your head is full of what ifs and whys and no matter how much I try to distract myself its always there. Sorry cant give you any advice perhaps someone who has been through it can but remember you are not alone

ryanla
08-09-16, 20:07
I have started to do the same, I question everything I never used to be like this, I suppose its part of the anxiety, your head is full of what ifs and whys and no matter how much I try to distract myself its always there. Sorry cant give you any advice perhaps someone who has been through it can but remember you are not alone

Thank you for the response. It's good to know I'm not alone. It's very strange but I'm doing my best to be positive. I have booked in to see a therapist and also going to the doctors tomorrow. I tried my best to deal with it myself but I guess it's ok to ask for help.

Phuzella
08-09-16, 20:32
Give mindfulness meditation a try. Takes a while to master but really helps stop the mind chatter :)

dale12345
08-09-16, 21:37
Give mindfulness meditation a try. Takes a while to master but really helps stop the mind chatter :)

I have been trying it, it can be helpful.

Phuzella
08-09-16, 22:33
You must stick with it :)

dale12345
08-09-16, 23:59
I Will
:)

ryanla
09-09-16, 08:56

I did try it the other day and it was very strange. I think it may have helped, I'll try it again today