PDA

View Full Version : Is this logical?

misslove
08-09-16, 13:38
Rewind 6 years to my first panic attack. I was alone. I had borrowed my moms truck to go to Walmart to get some baby formula. The store is 30 min away. I park the trail, walk into Walmart, go to the baby section. Then the store gets blurry and spinning. I have the sudden urge to vomit and there is an older woman standing there and I notice her look at me like I have the plague. ( that may or may not have been the Actual look) then before I know it I'm back in the truck shaking and crying and never got the formula.
Fast forward to the present. I haven't been in that particular Walmart since then and I get never nervous just driving past it. I was talking with my younger sister about it because she has anxiety too, and the thought came to me to go back there and finish my task. Even tho I have no need to baby formula. I feel like it's unfinished and it's a fear that I've been carrying around for all this time. It would be so incredibly hard for me to go there now. Because I know the store has changed its layout for one thing. I'm thinking about doing it just so I can say I did it but even just sitting here on the couch in my pjs has my heart racing. I'm not even sure I could do it. What if I try and fail again? Will it make my anxiety even worse??

lurchergirl
08-09-16, 16:31
personally i think you should try, take your sister with you grab a trolley to lean on and get that baby milk. it will be tough, scary and feel horrible but once you do it it will give you confidence. why not donate the formula to a mother and baby charity or local hospital or someone who is just in need, then you could beat your anxiety and do a good deed too. Good luck and kkeep strong

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:30 ----------

should also say push yourself to do it but if you cant dont worry or beat yourself up about it, feeling bad about what we cant manage just makes us worse

misslove
08-09-16, 16:41
I think I should take more time and think about it. Maybe some day I'll just be able to say screw it and go do it

lurchergirl
08-09-16, 18:29
Take as long as you need sweet, the fact that you are considering it is progress for sure, take care :)))

Phuzella
08-09-16, 22:38
Yes do it :)

georgewing
10-09-16, 05:25
Well stop thinking and blaming yourself for this you dont do nothig wrong ,you dont need to feel bad for healthy problems and you must forgive yourself and accept that anyone can happen this bad acident

misslove
10-09-16, 18:10
I'm trying to convince myself that I can do it and if I go there and try it and fail then o can always try again. Much easier to type then it is to actually do!