PDA

View Full Version : Paranoid about testicular cancer - Any advice will be appreciated

Giraffe123
08-09-16, 15:19
Hi Everyone,

I've been having a lot of anxiety recently and in the past i've read certain posts on this site that's really helped me so i thought i would post an issue i'm having to see what others think.

For a while i've been very paranoid about checking my testicles to the point where i will do it a few times a day, recently i noticed a semi hard dot on the side of my right testicle and I cant really feel it straight away and its not big at all, its like a tiny grain of sand that you can only feel when really feeling down there. This caused me to just get completely paranoid and think the worst, i booked a doctors appointment and got it checked out, the doctor said he was unable to feel any dot and said my testicles were perfectly normal. I was happy with this but after a while i got slightly paranoid that he may of just missed it and ''what if'' i found something early and they couldn't find it. I know there is something there as i am able to find it more when my testicles are slightly more loose (mainly after a shower) but when they are just normal i cant really feel it unless i really have a feel down there.

My girlfriend hates seeing me worry like this and says if the doctor said they are fine then just live your life, she even felt it herself and thought it was nothing. The doctor said theres no swelling there or nothing feeling abnormal but i just cant seem to get it out of my mind, i'm tired of having to go to the doctors every time to try and get a piece of mind as i feel like i'm kind of letting the anxiety win in a way. I've had to use countless days holiday for doctors and hospital appointments and its starting to stress me.

I thought it could be good to get an opinion of someone outside of my situation to see what they think. This is happening to much now and im starting to worry about a different health problem every month, to the point where i had an endoscopy because i thought i had throat cancer which came back clear, to now worrying about testicular cancer everyday.

It angers me because i feel extremely lucky to have the life that i have, I have an amazing girlfriend, we have just moved in together and also a job that i enjoy, its just the constant health anxiety that gets to me.

Any advice would be appreciated

Many thanks

Kuatir
08-09-16, 15:29
You have to find a way of accepting that there isn't an issue. Not so easy really, but you know the doctor couldn't find anything and your girlfriend couldn't find anything. If you've got to search for it yourself I think you don't have an issue. These things get bigger and whatever you think you have found hasn't.

Giraffe123
08-09-16, 15:43
Hi Kuatir,

Thank you for the reply.

My girlfriend was also able to feel what i was talking about but she said it wasnt anything.

I guess i need to try and train myself to stop thinking about the ''what ifs'' in life.

Appreciate the post.

Kuatir
08-09-16, 15:46
It's hard to do, but is really the only way to improve things.

saf138
08-09-16, 16:18
Hello
If you have to go looking for it than Its probably a little floating cyst these are very common and they do tend to tuck themselves away behind all the tubing and that's probably why your doctor couldn't find it because when it comes to TC they focus on the actual testicle (ball not bag) itself and if he\she had any concerns they would have at least referred you for an ultrasound.
Remember doctors are well trained to spot these things they know exactly what to look out for try not to let your imagination run away with negative thoughts I know its easier said than done now go take your girlfriend out to dinner.
All the best.

Giraffe123
08-09-16, 16:45
Thank you, appreciate the post!

Haha she deserves more than dinner for putting up with me! More like a medal! lol