PDA

View Full Version : Please - analyse what you're eating

shakey1961
08-09-16, 16:52
Hi all. I know I've extoled the benefits of going gluten free, and that diet certainly helps me enormously. However, I am also now having tests for IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Crohn's etc.)

I am discovering things all the time. To give you an example, last Monday evening I had some ready made cake icing on rice cakes and it was very tasty. Tuesday I paid for it. And not to put too finer point on it, the "gas" coming out my rear end was dreadful. I also had a lot of pain in that area too.

Also, for as long as I can remember in the afternoon following a meal I would be so tired it would be impossible to stay awake.

I also had an idea that perhaps butter was affecting me. So, since Tuesday I've had no butter and certainly not the cake filling.

The result....? Today is the first time in years I've not been extremely tired. My hands are warm (which for me is always a good sign), I'm not gasping for my breath or sighing, I feel totally calm within and my heart is quietly doing it's job. My pulse now... 70bpm

So please, look at what you're eating and give your body a chance in fighting your anxiety.

shakey1961
09-09-16, 09:11
No replies? Well... all I can do is try my best to tell you what's helped me. Isn't it better to investigate any possible physical health problems and get them treated, then that will help your mental health?

Considering years ago I couldn't go down the road without panicking, I can now go on trains and go a lot further than I ever thought possible, all because I changed my diet.

I've given you the information, I hope it works for you if you try it.

Carnation
09-09-16, 09:19
I agree Shakey.

Diet can definitely improve your wellbeing.

I say avoid ALL processed foods.
Trouble is that we live in a society where we are governed by convenience foods.

Thanks for sharing that with us. :)

georgewing
10-09-16, 05:23
Thanks very much for advice and yea you must be careful with all when you have anxiey ,with food ,mind ,how you feel etc

Fishmanpa
10-09-16, 06:11
Shakey,

Anxiety aside, proper diet and exercise do wonders physically and mentally. It really comes down to common sense doesn't it? Both my wife and I deal with reflux. We follow the FODMAP diet and the symptoms have all but been eliminated. There are certain foods I love that I know darn well don't love me ;) We utilized a food diary and kept track of what foods instigated symptoms and removed them from our diet.

If you feel good physically, it only follows that your mental state would benefit as well. It comes down to self control and taking positive actions. No different than taking positive action to address your anxiety. You can post here forever but without real life help and support, you'll never move forward in a positive way. There are many recent threads that affirm what I'm saying.

Positive thoughts

shakey1961
10-09-16, 07:19
Thanks for all the replies. To give you an update, I've been off butter for 5 days now and last night I had the most wonderful nights sleep. I've woken this morning as I think you should do, all refreshed and ready for the day.

Not felt like this for many many years! Actually feel like I could tackle anything now!

Wonderful.

hanshan
10-09-16, 08:24
Actually, I haven't eaten butter (or margarine) for ages (mostly a weight thing) - but still addicted to bread, unfortunately.