PDA

View Full Version : help for partners

albyw
26-03-07, 10:57
Hi everyone,
just a quick question, does anybody know if there are any publications or sites that can help those who have partners, friends, relatives etc that suffer from high anxiety levels/panic attacks. Although my partner and i often discuss this together i sometimes feel that maybe i could do more to help. I do try to understand what she is going through but as she quite rightly says to me, if i've never had an attack then i could never possibly know exactly what she is going through. I love her very much and would do anything to help her all i can.
Thanks albyw

groovygranny
26-03-07, 11:48
Hi albyw!

I'm sure I've come across articles on this site for partners of sufferers - can't remember where though unfortunately. But I'm sure Nicola or one of the administrators will be able to point you to the right place!

How lucky your lady is! It makes such a difference you know when you have support from a partner. Even if they haven't the experience of suffering themselves it's comforting to know they care and try to understand:).

Take care.

honeybee
26-03-07, 12:02
albyw, hi, i have a book that has a section in it for friends and relatives to read, cant find it at the mo but i'll dig it out for you and get back to you on what the title is and the authors name.

just want to say, from my experiance just knowing you've got someone who loves you and doesn't judge you is the best gift you can give her. for you to go out of your way to come on this site and find out more is really lovely, she's a very lucky lady.

skylight2007
26-03-07, 13:18
Hiya there albyw, The charity No panic produces leaftlets for partners and carers' How carers can help'. it cost about £1.50. sometimes people are not aware that No panic are also there to support carers on their helpline!!!! to help them to understand their partners. The No panic details are also here on the home pages. Helpline no: 0808 808 0545 , office for requesting leaflets or information packs, is 01952 590005. Hope this helps!! Sky

albyw
28-03-07, 15:46
Thank you all very much for your coments, i do find them usefull and find they help me understand a bit more. I know that love and understanding can go a long way to helping my fiancee in her "quest" to help her find the answers that she needs. Please feel free to offer any "advice" at anytime once again thanks to all of you.
albyw