PDA

View Full Version : Going through a bad patch once again

unsure_about_this
08-09-16, 19:21
As you know I have bad health anxiety, still looking at poop every time I go and worried about everything.
also I am starting to feel really down and sort of reaching depression stage. I am going to the GP to try and get help

I dont know whether it an age thing now but I can see my life whisking by probably one of the reason I dont do much FB, at 32, left school when I was 16, scary thought 16 years

I am hoping to enjoy my holiday later this month

Phuzella
08-09-16, 20:36
Going to the doctor is the best first step to take .
Where you going on holiday?

unsure_about_this
08-09-16, 20:49
Zante, party capital I make sure I dont chat up too many local females or just general chat up too many females. I don't want any of them fighting over me.

Phuzella
08-09-16, 22:11
Sounds like a plan lol. Don't drink too much either :)

unsure_about_this
09-09-16, 13:15
Thanks

I dont drink booze so that will be fine, will keep an eye on my parents to make sure they dont drink too mich.

GP need to see him again in a month time, been given a number so we are going to give them a call. Asked for my health worry about the cysts from the ultrasound no changes, does not feel anything wrong.

unsure_about_this
12-09-16, 22:27
My parents are very understanding and I think understanding my worries, anxiety more and it not an act, I just hate feeling so hopeless.

Even though I dont think I done much after leaving secondary school. I probably done a lot more than some people in the year group since 2000.

We will enjoy the holiday, my parents were even pay for me to see someone if it helps me. My mum will probably talk to my sister on the phone and see what she suggests.

I dont really want to have to tablets to help me.

celticlass62
14-09-16, 07:22
Get well very soon unsure :hugs::hugs:

unsure_about_this
14-09-16, 18:41
Thanks

I am going to phone the number up to start the ball rolling

Now I am worry about a white flash I saw on my screen, no idea whether my eyes were playing tricks

unsure_about_this
26-09-16, 08:05
Had one week where I did not feel as low, but it was fun and not to wild. I behaved myself

unsure_about_this
17-10-16, 12:26
Got an appointment booked, November. this was a couple of weeks ago.

But worrying about oral cancer, with the white mark, ocal shape on my gum, scared it an oral cancer (i keep banging on about it) but has not grown, i am 100% keep thinking it an oral cancer, I been suffering from cold so got neck pain, sore throat, tightness, keep thinking this is also cancer with ear pain.

I have a dentist appointment booked on Friday because this is my appointment date, the mark/shape thingy has only been there 10 days but frighted this is oral cancer (from being naughty googling)

unsure_about_this
18-10-16, 12:41
Still feeling a bit under the weather and getting more worked up about my mouth, I am eeing dentist friday, worried about oral cancer, as I look into my mouth more I see more white bits on my gums (lines) whether this is because I have eaten something, over brushing, not enough sometimes. infection? my ears hurt sometimes

I am trying not to look at my mouth to much and touching causing more problems but scared I have got cancer. I keep pointing at cancer. I am not a GP or dentist so dont understand medical, so only a GP and dentist can tell me.

---------- Post added at 12:41 ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 ----------

I dont knoiw whether it my eyes playing tricks with me, health anxity sucks. This oral cancer worry is scaring me

unsure_about_this
19-10-16, 19:49
Wanting this cold to go, i am trying to get bad thoughts out my head, my Dad is going to the dentist with me, I thinking it serious even though I dont understand all the google stuff about oral cancer what I am looking out for. i know i keep banging on about it and dont mean to disrecpt people who have had oral cancer or know people who have/had it.

unsure_about_this
20-10-16, 17:04
When the dentist recepionist phone today I thought it was a be cancelled would have put my nerves more up, with my gum worry (oral cancer) worry, it was a reminder the first one I have had for a while. Wonder if there have been a lot of people missing appointments

unsure_about_this
23-10-16, 20:42
Now I have found out the problem with my gum, my dentist says it will take a couple of weeks to heal. Now I am hoping I dont get any more worries for a while,

EKB
24-10-16, 00:51
That's good news! It's nice to have a timeline. I'm having my own worries right now, and am hoping to get through it. Lots of self talk going on, but it's hard.

unsure_about_this
24-10-16, 12:21
That's good news! It's nice to have a timeline. I'm having my own worries right now, and am hoping to get through it. Lots of self talk going on, but it's hard.

I did not know I have nicked myself with my toothbrush causing the white ulcer/mark/patch, could have done it on food

The dentist practice staff I attend are good, got the oral cancer leaflets on show and the other leaflets about mouth and teeth.

Thanks for your reply

EKB
24-10-16, 19:25
Oh that's annoying - I've cut my gum with potato chips before, and had that be sore for awhile. You would think I'd stop eating chips :)

Did they give you a good rinse to use? I always find sal****er soothing in these situations, or one of those peroxide ones (think Colgate makes one).

Glad you have a good dentist.

unsure_about_this
26-10-16, 17:17
Oh that's annoying - I've cut my gum with potato chips before, and had that be sore for awhile. You would think I'd stop eating chips :)

Did they give you a good rinse to use? I always find sal****er soothing in these situations, or one of those peroxide ones (think Colgate makes one).

Glad you have a good dentist.

I been using special toothpaste for the last five+ years which dentist prescription for me with extra ppm/flouride no mouthwash

unsure_about_this
29-10-16, 19:02
Now worried about testicle cancer/penile cancer, made the scrotum skin a bit red patch. I been twice to the GP this year, I was referred earlier this year because the GP thouught he felt a lump and it turned out to be some cysts

unsure_about_this
16-12-16, 22:38
Going through another bad patch worrying about my testicles and poop now

Scared I have bowel cancer or testicular cancer or both, I keep checking my balls (made them sore) and poop worried but it brown.

I know there are a lot of tissues etc, cysts etc, tubes etc, I would not be ablet to moved the testicle if there was a problem, making me feel scared and not wanting to eat.

EKB
17-12-16, 15:17
Sorry you're feeling crummy. I think you know that this is just HA and nothing more. That doesn't always make it easier though.

Do try and eat. From experience I know it makes things worse if you don't - just sets up another vicious cycle of anxiety and physical symptoms. Even just small bits of things you can easily stomach.

unsure_about_this
18-12-16, 12:05
Thanks

I am just worrying the more time I feel I do it the more I think I have found something, it is okay for people to keep telling me nothing is wrong but I know my body. I just dont want to eat

unsure_about_this
19-12-16, 15:12
Still worrying a lot, I am scared, I know my Dad going down with me next year but I am scared I got testicle cancer

I am trying to get into GP before xmas but some hope,. I cannot enjoy xmas because I am scared I am dying I know there are a lot of junk in the testicles like tubes, but my testicles feel smooth which will not do if there was a problem,. I am very scared and panic, I been online 50 times today to see whether I can get an appointment book.

---------- Post added at 15:12 ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 ----------

Srill worrying about my poop shape, I know stress can cause havocs to your bowel shape, like coming out in bits and one big bit at the end, I am scared I have bowel cancer, I was clear with the camerea up my backside in 2012/2013 and a few scans, and polyps take up to 10 years to form if serious.

Elen
19-12-16, 15:45
Phil honey, I am sorry that things are worrying you so much at the moment.

I know you try not to bother your parents with your health concerns but it might be worth it on this occasion as it sounds like you are spiraling.

No amount of re-assurance is going to help but possibly they can help you stop this anxiety in it's tracks.

Finally get off google and all other health related sites. You are in a cycle of looking things up, being scared by what you find, searching further and so on and so forth.

This is no way to live hun but you can stop it.

unsure_about_this
20-12-16, 12:06
hi Elen

thank you

I have talked to my parents, I managed to get into the GP who ressurance me about my testicles, he says I have two cysts which I knew about and nothing of concern. It was very hard to see this GP as he referred me earlier this year when he thought he felt a lump,

I am trying my hardest not to check myself as often, my mind will never be at rest. I dont know anybody who has had testicle cancer, but I know when you feel a lump it puts the fear into you.

but I am still need to keep my other gp appointment next year as my Dad is going with me, also got a hospital appointment (not because of my health anxiety) but due to having NF from birth I been referred to the hosipital for yearly checkup, I haven seen this doctor a few times.

unsure_about_this
08-01-17, 17:04
Now moved onto concerns about my spine, bumpy parts concerns I got spine cancer if there is a thing. I know I had a scan two years ago not because of cancer but because I have NF and it was pointed out when we had heavy snow and needed to see a phyiso because I had leg trouble thought it was bone cancer. I have a curved back because of my NF.

I know I got some bones in my my back. just feel weird my spine and I think I got spinal cancer. I dont have any symptoms like back pain, urine flow fine etc not lost weight, I got myself weigh yesterday and today because we took two measurements on soft and hard service.