PDA

View Full Version : Help with parents!

unicorn1016
08-09-16, 19:28
I'm so paranoid about skin cancer and have what I hope is a dysplastic mole on my back, it's raised in the centre. I don't know if I should get it checked out, but I haven't spoken to anyone about this and don't want to. I know at 16 I can go to the doctor by myself but I'm worried and wouldn't be able to get there without being driven by a parent. Help!!

Gary A
08-09-16, 20:00
I'm so paranoid about skin cancer and have what I hope is a dysplastic mole on my back, it's raised in the centre. I don't know if I should get it checked out, but I haven't spoken to anyone about this and don't want to. I know at 16 I can go to the doctor by myself but I'm worried and wouldn't be able to get there without being driven by a parent. Help!!

You'll never have any peace of mind if you don't go. Just remember that moles of all shapes and sizes are very very common, and it most likely is absolutely nothing to worry about.

Nobody here or indeed anyone apart from a trained physician can tell you what it is, but the odds of it being anything nasty are incredibly low.

ballerina
10-09-16, 19:33
It's most probably not skin cancer, but just to let you know, a girl I went to school with had skin cancer when she was younger and she is fully recovered and living a healthy life, so even if it did turn out to be (very unlikely) you're not bound for doom and gloom!