PDA

View Full Version : Was doing so well

Becky2785
09-09-16, 06:48
So a couple of weeks ago I had a really big argument with my sister, she sent me some vile horrible messages and has just been basically bullying me. I'm not like that and I have been really upset and sad about it all and now I feel so down and anxious about it my intrusive thoughts about suicide are back but no where near as bad. Thought I had finally mastered this anxiety but things like this seem to set me back and I'm so disappointed with myself that I have let her do this to me yet again I'm trying not to let it bother me and my family are saying to just ignore her but it's not that easy when you suffer with this condition. Why do we always stress to much over things I wish I could be a little more hard and not so much of a door mat
Any advice welcome on Wat to do
Thankyou xx

pollynewsome
09-09-16, 06:54
Hi Becky. My condition mostly started because of my brother! It annoys me so much to think that I have let him make me feel like this. My doc seems to think it's a gradual build up of different incidents through out your life and that the brother thing was the nail in the coffin, just that something that tipped me over the edge. I put it down to the fact that it's in my nature to care and I do take things to heart. I guess if I could change that I would be it so hard. Does your sister know you suffer with anxiety? ? It's just not fair cos you were doing so well. Keep strong. I'm not sure what else to put that might help. Talking does help though. Xx

hanshan
09-09-16, 10:02
If your family is toxic, you need to build a new life that's completely separate. Even the slightest contact will drag you back into their painful morass, which they love so much.

Becky2785
10-09-16, 04:49
Thanks polly yea she knows Wat I've been through but she doesn't care she selfish and not bothered that it upsets me. Hanshan your right I need to rid of toxic people no matter how I much I love her I need to think about myself xx