PDA

View Full Version : I had to leave because someone said she had a stomach bug the other day...

IcyStar
09-09-16, 12:31
Last night I went to a comedy improv group with a friend and I was looking forward to it. As soon as I sat down, I overheard one of the people in the group saying she's had a stomach bug and it was only 2 days ago. I had to leave the room and leave my friend there. I was so disappointed but nothing could have made me stay there. Even though I left quickly, I'm still terrified because I was in this small room with her for a few minutes :( I also feel silly for leaving, has anyone else had to leave a place for a similar reason?

skymaid
09-09-16, 13:06
I'm exactly the same. I would have left too probably. I might have just been really careful not to touch my face or eat/drink anything and scoured my hands when I got in though.

LittleMissAlone
09-09-16, 13:11
Well, I would say well done for going to the comedy improv place in the first place! My cringe metre goes into overdrive in those places!

I'm an emetophobe (I'm think I'm going to be sick as I feel nausea when out) but I'm not too bad with bugs, probably because it's been so long since I last caught anything. I used to work in schools too, so I well understand how frightening it is being around people with bugs.

You'd have caught it by now if you're going to catch something which unless you got very very close (kissing?) it wouldn't happen anyway. I assume you washed your hands when you got home too.

The only thing I remember is years ago I went to a wedding reception and the brides father had had a sickness bug. It set me off, I felt very stressed even though I was nowhere near him. It was only well into the evening it turned out he'd eaten something dodgy and that's why he was ill, food poisoning. You're not silly to react in that way, I leave things all the time if I can't deal with something.

Don't beat yourself up about it, just try to learn from it.

SLA
11-09-16, 21:49
You said you felt silly for leaving, can I ask why?

IcyStar
12-09-16, 18:00
You said you felt silly for leaving, can I ask why?

I felt like I'm the only person who would do that and I guess it made me feel weak, like I can't handle anything.