PDA

View Full Version : Up and down

jennybeth
09-09-16, 14:49
Hey guys. Does anyone have any feelings of up and down? One day my anxiety is barely there and I can feel like I'm on top of the world, other days I can barely get out of bed or into the shower. Had such a challenging week this week and can feel myself creeping back into my routine of doing what I did when my anxiety was bad, frequency panicky feeling, stressing the other half out. Anyone got any suggestions of how to relax? X

ryanla
09-09-16, 20:34
I know exactly how you feel. But mines more I'll have a good 7 hours during the day then have a bad couple of hours which are awful and then I'll slowly feel a bit more happier again. The only real suggestion I have is to try and occupy yourself during the low times (I know, so much easier said than done). I hope you feel better soon!

georgewing
10-09-16, 05:18
Well i bet that you are more anxiety free when you are happy you deal with good moments etc and more anxiety when negative you feel bad etc .Try meditation hypnose read personal development you will learn useful things and you will gain confidence .Eat balanced meals and make sports .Try all day to think pozitive do creative things that boost your confidence

yassin3
11-02-17, 20:43
you must read Destiny Tuning Technique for Success and Growth
http://yourlifebalancing.com/destiny-tuning-technique/

Bill
12-02-17, 03:56
When you have a hectic week, it'll stress you out and the stress will feed your anxiety. The calmer we feel, the less stress we feel and the less anxious we feel.

In answer to your question, sometimes a relaxation technique such as meditation will help but sometimes we feel so anxious that we're too aware that we're actually using the technique to relax ourselves so we put more pressure on ourselves. For instance, when we can't sleep, the more we try different methods to find a way to get off to sleep, the more we focus on our inability to sleep which creates frustration, pressure and more anxiety making us even more unable to get off to sleep.

Therefore, what I find works is think of what you Really enjoy doing and just do it. Don't think to yourself you're doing it to relax yourself though. Think to yourself that you're doing it because it's something you really enjoy doing.

The reason I say this is because anxiety feeds off attention so if you're constantly thinking to yourself that you feel anxious and Must find a way to relax to stop yourself feeling anxious, the more attention you give to your anxiety and this adds more pressure and stress on yourself so in the end you're constantly feeding it keeping your anxious feelings alive.

To put it another way, if you think of something that makes you anxious, you might start thinking to yourself you Must think of something else to stop you thinking about the frightening thought. This avoidance causes stress because you're putting pressure on yourself to try to avoid the frightening thought and so this pressure will cause more stress leading to more anxious feelings. If though you can learn to think the frightening thought and treat it as just a harmless or silly thought and ignore it, the next time you think this thought it won't frighten you as much and you'll relax because you've learnt to ignore it rather than focus on it.

Just find time to do what you enjoy whether you feel anxious or not and focus on this hobby rather than your anxiety. In time you'll learn to ignore your anxiety and it'll ignore you because you're enjoying yourself too much to think about it.