PDA

View Full Version : Chiropractor visit- Help!

AnxiousLife
09-09-16, 16:44
Hi all,
Yesterday I went for my first chiropractor visit in a very long time. I told him I did not want him to crack my back because of some other health issues, but he did used an activator gun and cracked my neck. It freaked me out and I really didn't like it, but I figured I would tell him not to next time. Anyway, my concern is after I left, about 30 minutes later, I had very sharp icepick-like head pain in my right temple. It happened about 3 or 4 times and almost brought me to my knees. Obviously I freaked out a little, but it did eventually subside. However, today I am experiencing some arm pain and finger pain and swelling. Do you think this is from the neck adjustment? Could my nerves just be irritated? Of course, Dr. Google freaked me out because I kept reading about patients who had strokes after neck adjustments.
Anyone who has been to a chiro and has any advice, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

ryanla
09-09-16, 20:37
Obviously I am no doctor... But I recently went to the chiropractor about pain in my back/ pelvis. After a couple of sessions I noticed I was getting painful pin and needles down my leg and foot. This worried me a lot at the time. But I found out later that this was nothing. The chiropractor told me that when you're having your joints reset your body adapts and this can cause strange feelings that will subside within a few days to weeks. Hope this helps!

AnxiousLife
09-09-16, 20:50
Thanks for your reply. I guess I'm just more concerned because of having those sharp head pains. My temple still feels tender and it's almost as if he flared up my TMJ by cracking my neck.

ryanla
09-09-16, 21:00
When are you next seeing your chiropractor? Is it worth calling them and asking if how you're feeling is normal (I'm sure it is)?

AnxiousLife
09-09-16, 22:06
Well they are closed til Monday and my next appt is Monday so I will talk to him then I guess?