PDA

View Full Version : Well I caved in and I went to the dr

Lissy43
26-03-07, 13:26
Well I caved in and I went to the dr, mainly about my ear but last night I noticed my right eye was hurting around the outside the bone felt bruised to touch, just at the side of my temple then I noticed my right temple is numb to touch. This together with my headaches made me thinking 'omg tumour, clot.....' I really felt sick with worry.

I went to the dr, I didn't mention tumour I just said about the ear pressure, he checked my ear and said 'well they look better than they were, just keep taking your spray' better than they were, I thought he said last time they were fine?????:-] anyway he said my sinuses are fine and that the headaches are nothing to do with that because my headaches are just at the crown of my head, it feels like a brick moving around in my head, very odd. So I told him that and about the numbness, he said it sounded like a migrane but I thought migranes were VERY bad headaches and all over the eyes?

He checked my eyes so I know from this I should surely be reassured that there is no tumour because am I right in thinking a dr can tell from checking the eyes if you have a tumour? he said migranes can cause numbness on the face but in my head im thinking 'yes so can tumours'. He asked if when I went to bed the headache was worse, it does hurt abit when im lying down but I know why he is asking that because my auntie had a brain tumour and when she lay down the pain was far worse.

I am still worrying and ive been the friggin dr. My bp was fine last week so I know my bp would be sky high if I had anything like a tumour. I also had bloods done begining of feb and im sure that would of shown some highs. I had a ct scan in November on my sinuses but surely they would of spotted a growth then.

My dh said his temples are less sensitive to touch so he thinks im looking for things but im not, my right temple deffinatly feels numb to touch, my right eye is also flickering but I forgot to tell the dr that.

I am a bloody nightmare at the moment. I just want to sleep, its the only time I don't worry:blush: I am sorry for posting again but I don't know where to turn at the moment.

domino
26-03-07, 13:32
Hi cherry, lorraine here, i would still get a second opinion, glad you pluck up the courage to go and see your g.p. but you still are not satisfied, get that second opinion. do it.:shrug:

Lissy43
26-03-07, 13:34
I am seeing my regular gp on friday so I will be asking him if the numbness is still there but surely I should be reassured by this dr, he is very good.

domino
26-03-07, 13:46
No matter how good you say this doctor is , you were not reasurred, otherwise your opinion of him would have been different.

Lissy43
26-03-07, 13:49
but as a dr I should trust him. He did a thorough check and he did not treat me as an anxiety patient at all, he was very nice to me.

domino
26-03-07, 14:04
why, JUST BECAUSE HE IS A DOCTOR, I TRUST MY HUSBANDS OPINION, SORRY TO SOUND LIKE I DON,T UNDERSTAND, OR CARE I DO , BUT SOMETIMES DOCTORS ONLY TELL YOU WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR, DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN?

Lissy43
26-03-07, 15:29
Are you saying you think he could be wrong?

Quirky
26-03-07, 16:15
Hi Cherry,

I just wondered do you suffer from health anxiety at all? I say that because people that do often don't feel reassured after seeing the doctor, so they then seek more reassurance and so on and eventually it makes the anxiety worse as you end up never feeling truly reassured.
It's definitely right to see the doctor when you have symptoms that aren't clearing (so good you went today) and there is nothing wrong with asking for another opinion if you really feel the need but I did wonder if anxiety was playing a part in your not feeling reassured too? In the past I have seen 3-4 doctors for some things I have had and still worried afterwards despite all that reassurance and different opinions!
If the doctor was at all worried about any of your symptoms being serious he has a duty to refer you and take things further so it seems at this stage he has no serious concerns. My gp is the best gp I have ever had and I totally trust her yet sometimes I still get doubts creep in due to my anxiety but it's not because she is a bad doctor as that's just not true, she is so honest with me.
I hope your symptoms settle down and there's nothing wrong with mentioning it to your own gp on Friday if not or even seeing an ENT doc further down the line if it really doesn't settle (but I expect it will).

I hope that helps,

Lisa

Sheik N Shimmy
26-03-07, 16:16
You probably just have a sinus infection or something. I think Lorraine is just suggesting that a doctor needs to communicate effectively with you and ensure that you are reassured there is nothing seriously wrong.

If the doctor thought for a moment that you had something that needed urgent attention you wouldn't be posting on here because you'd be in hospital.

Lissy43
26-03-07, 17:07
Thanks, I feel alot more reassured now.

Yes I do suffer health anxiety, im always posting on here, lol!

domino
26-03-07, 17:58
Cherry, i was just trying to help, hope i did not offend you in anyway shape or form.good luck on friday.:hugs:

Lissy43
26-03-07, 18:30
No you didn't offend me at all Rickards.