PDA

View Full Version : Have I just created this symptom?

helenhoo
09-09-16, 17:27
Weird, but when I pull up tight jeans I feel a small probably unnoticeable to some rush of anxiety inn my head. I then thought oh, is this an internal tremor. Since then I've felt my head and neck and nose are shaking/twitching. Almost like a pulse in my head. I realise at times I'm sat here worrying about stuff despite feeling less anxious than usual. I'm still linking to BT...

Mrschurchill
09-09-16, 19:03
It's completely in your head and you know it is! You're so highly in tune with your body that you're noticing things that would never even have crossed your mind.
You NEED to battle this anxiety.

brucealmighty
09-09-16, 21:20
tight jeans, brain tumour. this is like the most random game of word association of all time.

helenhoo
09-09-16, 21:43
Haha it's the head shake feeling of adrenaline when I pull tight jeans up...

brucealmighty
09-09-16, 21:46
if your jeans are so tight they`re cutting your blood off and causing a head rush then maybe you should go up a size!

not making fun of you at all but honestly I once went to a wedding in a suit that fitted me about two stone ago and spent the day uffing and puffing and feeling a bit giddy:D

relax, breathe, know that you are loved and supported, and start wearing jogging pants, you`ll never look back:D

Katy_o
09-09-16, 21:46
Is this a real question /concern?... I'm truly sorry if you are being genuine, I just have a feeling that you're joking then I'm going to look like an idiot if I engage with you seriously. Again, I'm sorry of you really are anxious about this. I've thought some pretty out there things but I'm struggling to get my head around what you've said.

Phuzella
09-09-16, 21:48
I'm with you Katy

brucealmighty
09-09-16, 21:50
me too I was just being polite:D

Katy_o
09-09-16, 21:53
Glad it's not just me! I'm new here and I don't wanna be a dick. This just seemed like it had to be a joke.

helenhoo
09-09-16, 22:10
It's not a joke it's a sensation of shaking I got while pulling up my trousers.

ServerError
09-09-16, 22:40

Read this sentence back to yourself. Realise how much you need help.

MyNameIsTerry
09-09-16, 23:36
Glad it's not just me! I'm new here and I don't wanna be a dick. This just seemed like it had to be a joke.

It's how anxiety is for some people.

At my worst I was panicking over every sensation going. Any movement meant that response. I struggled eating, sleeping, standing, sitting, brushing my teeth, using the toilet.

It's no joke.

Katy_o
10-09-16, 00:05
It's how anxiety is for some people.

At my worst I was panicking over every sensation going. Any movement meant that response. I struggled eating, sleeping, standing, sitting, brushing my teeth, using the toilet.

It's no joke.

I get that. Believe me. I suffer from crippling anxiety, that at its worst can have me laying in the fetal position for days at a time. This has been going on for more than half my life now, so believe me when I say I understand and I have endless sympathy and empathy for people with mental health difficulties. I perhaps misread Helen's post, I just wasn't at all sure what she was getting at. The symptoms she presented to me, seemed vague and my initial reaction was that it had to be some kind of wind up. On reflection, that was pretty unfair of me. I know myself what it's like to voice your thoughts and fears to someone and for them to look at you as though you have a gazillion heads or something. Sorry for any offence I may have caused.

dale12345
10-09-16, 00:30
I get that. Believe me. I suffer from crippling anxiety, that at its worst can have me laying in the fetal position for days at a time. This has been going on for more than half my life now, so believe me when I say I understand and I have endless sympathy and empathy for people with mental health difficulties. I perhaps misread Helen's post, I just wasn't at all sure what she was getting at. The symptoms she presented to me, seemed vague and my initial reaction was that it had to be some kind of wind up. On reflection, that was pretty unfair of me. I know myself what it's like to voice your thoughts and fears to someone and for them to look at you as though you have a gazillion heads or something. Sorry for any offence I may have caused.

You didnt offend anyone.:)

MyNameIsTerry
10-09-16, 00:36

You've not offended me, Katy. Like you said, you're new on here so you haven't seen the OP's history otherwise you would have seen how a lot of her posts are similiar.

In my OCD I have the Magical Thinking theme so I'm used to seeing myself creating all sorts of completely impossible connections between anything to something that has no real logic other than it being the product of one of my elements of anxiety. Thats why such things as this don't stand out for the same reasons it may for others at times and so much of my OCD was centered around the trivial, which on a board where it's mostly cancer or brain issues, can seen less valid or more irrational, but that's just anxiety.

GadGirl
10-09-16, 08:15

If your shaking and getting a head rush when putting on jeans I would suggest you buy a bigger pair of jeans having to hold your breathe to get into them (which can cause head rush)

Would be the worlds most bizzare symptom if putting jeans on that were to small was a symptom of a brain tumour :roflmao: