PDA

View Full Version : Scary Symptom!!!!

Thomas1985
09-09-16, 18:58
Hi,

Recently I have been experiencing tightening of the chest and just below the rib cage around the stomach area. It is almost like a build up of pressure.

Distant travels up the middle of my chest up into the bottom of my throat where can feel tightening and feels harder to breathe and pressure building also inside my chest.

This can happen at any time!

This is really uncomfortable and scary and makes me feel lightheaded and dizzy. I have had all of the heart checks which came back normal within the last six months.

Can this really be a symptom of anxiety? Anyone else get this?

Due to play my first rugby match for a while tomorrow and I'm so so scared that I will drop dead on not be able to breathe.

Thanks,

Tom

Sparkling_Fairy
09-09-16, 19:06
It's probably gas, or reflux.
I always have a feeling of something really tight at the top of my stomach, and eventually travelling up to my throat. I then usually try to burp, which always clears my throat. And I then usually go into a burping frenzy!
Try burping and see if that relieves anything

Thomas1985
09-09-16, 19:25
It's probably gas, or reflux.
I always have a feeling of something really tight at the top of my stomach, and eventually travelling up to my throat. I then usually try to burp, which always clears my throat. And I then usually go into a burping frenzy!
Try burping and see if that relieves anything

Thanks for the reply. I get reflux very rarely so i know the feeling you mean. But this is serious tightening. Like a band around bottom of rib cage and inside chest.

So scared!

Lily83
09-09-16, 19:39
Please try this technique I advised in this thread. My chest tightness is completely gone!

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=188345

heyitsmeyou
10-09-16, 09:37
Yup, sounds a lot like acid reflux to me. Do you notice any triggers?

NancyW
10-09-16, 13:41
That is exactly how I would describe my gallbladder attacks.

georgewing
11-09-16, 18:22
Yes its usualy a symptom of anxiety maybe trying some breathing exercise will help you also try meditation and relaxation tehniques .Be persistent with them practive ewvery day and you will see results