PDA

View Full Version : Help me cope please

ella32
10-09-16, 08:57
I'm going through a really really bad time at the moment . The fear is crippling me and I don't know what to do to cope with it or to convince myself I'm OK. I get chest pains a lot and I try to deal with them the best I can but the last two days have been really hard with the pains. I'm having chest pains and pains in my upper back area which are scaring me I'm not going to lie. I was in hospital Monday and they did cheat X-ray , bloods for heart ,bloods for clot and took bloods from artery to check blood gas levels plus ecg all came back fine while I keep trying to tell myself that I'm still scared thinking it heart attack or something like that. I don't know what to do anymore I'm trying to keep calm and do my breathing exercises that my therapist showed me but the pains won't go away and I'm scared.xx

heyitsmeyou
10-09-16, 09:54
Anxiety causes your chest pains and your chest pains cause your anxiety. This is being looped over and over again. You have the scans and blood work done to prove it.

ella32
10-09-16, 10:24
How do I stop it though. I keep thinking I'm having or going to have a heart attack and the fear of dying is terrifying me and I don't know how to stop it.x also having pain just under left breast which is terrifying me and causing me to panic.I hate being scared and being this way but I don't know how to stop it or how to convince myself that physically my heart is fine and it's not anything sinister what I'm feeling.x

flipp
10-09-16, 11:28
Are you seeing a Psychologist to help you with all your fears?.

Mermaid16
10-09-16, 11:57
Hi! It sounds like you have done the right thing by getting yourself checked out. Maybe you have some health anxiety. I know that when anxiety is high, you can feel a pain sensation in your heart area. I'm sure most people when they have their first panic attack present to the A&E thinking they are having a heart attack. Try to trust the results that the doctors have given you and use that to reassure yourself. You could also try some guided meditation/mindfullness, this may take your mind off the physical symptoms you are feeling and distract you. You could also try watching a movie or listening to music. Do you have anyone you can talk to about how you are feeling. I agree with Flipp, seeing a psychologist to talk about the way you are feeling would be helpful. Take care and let us know how you get on. Tracy

ella32
10-09-16, 12:25
I'm seeing a new therapist who is trying to help me get control of the anxiety . I've tried cbt but it didn't really work for me. Just want normality and not be afraid every minute of the day . Xx I do have health anxiety it all focused on my heart unfortunately.xx

saf138
10-09-16, 13:08
Hello
It may be possible that you have trapped\pinched nerves in your upper back that is causing you to have chest pains and I'm saying this from quite a few years of experience. So try to picture this you have a central nervous system which is connected all the way up your spine and the nerves spread outwards into your arms and legs etc so when you get a trapped nerve the pain radiates outward even to the front of the chest. When I get a trapped nerve in the back I too feel like I'm having a heart attack I will get a sharp stabbing pain all across my chest to the point I literally start to sweat with the stabbing pain its been happening now for so many years I don't even batter an eye lid anymore. I'm not saying that is your case but it could be a possibility and with your anxiety it is making matters a lot worse.
All the best