PDA

View Full Version : Question about low iron pills

anxious_thoughts
10-09-16, 23:52
Hi guys,

So last year my doctor did some blood work on me and told me that I had low iron. I got some iron pills at the pharmacy and began taking them but stopped because they gave me bad headaches. Also, my low iron symptoms went away so I felt okay doing this.

Symptoms have returned so I decided to look at buying some natural iron pills. They worked well the first two months. I knew because (sorry for the tmi) but my stools were very dark. However, I read that's a good sign showing you that the iron is properly being absorbed into your body.

I stopped taking these natural pills for a month or so and I've tried getting back on them. I've done everything my doctor has told me to take them with orange juice and the bottle says to take them with food so I do both. However my stools aren't changing colours anymore.

I read online that some rather you take the pill inbetween meals so I tried that for a while too, however...my stools still aren't changing colours.

This is worrying me now because I'm scared that there's something wrong wit my body why isn't it absorbing the pills anymore?? I'm going to try the other ones that gave me headaches just to see if they absorb.

smiles
11-09-16, 00:06
I take something called floradix, a liquid sold in health food shops, ( used throughout my pregnancy) I'm not sure if you can get it over there, but worth trying if you can. It's amazing totally plant based, so no issues with headaches/ constipation, and because it's a liquid it's easy to digest and absorb. Hope this helps x

anxious_thoughts
11-09-16, 00:07
Hello Smiles!

Has floradix helped with low iron? I'm going to check if we get that here. Thank you :)

smiles
11-09-16, 00:16
I was totally anaemic when I was pregnant and didn't want to take iron tablets as I like to poo more than once a week!!iron back to normal within 2 weeks.
I now take it regularly as a supplement, when my HA is bad my eating habits are awful, and as I'm prone to low iron it makes sense to me to take it as a supplement x

Mugs
12-09-16, 08:03
Hi
Niferex is a very good iron supplement, talk to your pharmacist about it.
Mugs