PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Qualified_Survivor
11-09-16, 09:39
Stumbled upon this forum after researching side effects of citalopram which my doctor has just prescribed to deal with anger issues.....and a few other things too I guess.

I'm in my 60's and in a long term relationship with a beautiful intelligent woman whom I've all but managed to crush. My behaviour over the past two years has become ridiculous with violent mood changes, outbursts of anger and irritability, a gradual withdrawal from everyone and my partner has born the brunt of it.

Things reached a climax a couple of weeks ago when my partner decided enough was enough and moved out. I don't want our relationship to end and so I agreed that both of us should visit my GP who prescribed citalopram.

I've been taking it for a week now and have had some of the usual side effects - constant headache, feeling woozy, jittery and inability to orgasm.

The good side is that I seem to have calmed down. I don't panic about trivial things, I'm no longer in a state of angst and anger. I no longer feel out of control. The result is that my partner and I, though still apart, have enjoyed some tremendous days together and some very wonderful intimate moments.
I realise it's early days but I'm hoping that the medication can allow me to get my life together and stop me becoming the total pratt that I was.

venusbluejeans
11-09-16, 09:46
Hiya Qualified_Survivor and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: