PDA

View Full Version : Tooth extraction.

lelespears
11-09-16, 09:39
I had a back molar out last Wednesday, was awful and took them 80 minutes to remove it. My jaw felt like it was going to crack during this. Got it out and went home. Had one out last year and it ended in a dry socket so I was very paranoid. Woke up friday still so swollen and sore so went back to dentist. He said there was no dry socket but defo an infection so gave me amoxicillin and metronidazole. I'm on day 3 and to be honest I'm feelin not much better! My jaw is agony to talk and eat. And the socket is sore and feels like there's still a big bit tooth in there. How long before these anti bios start to work?

hanshan
11-09-16, 10:31
If you have been given the amoxicillin plus metronidazole combination, it means your doctor or dentist suspects a deep-seated infection.

This combination targets a wide range of infective bacteria, and is the best there is. Be thankful you were prescribed it, as many doctors/dentists only prescribe one of these drugs.

It may take up to two weeks for the infection to subside. Don't stop taking the meds, even if you feel better.

littlemissworry.x
11-09-16, 16:35
I had my wisdom tooth out a few months ago and i also got dry socket which prolonged the healing time.. it was awful.. its taken around a month to properly heal as i had stitches. Id say give it a few days and u should feel better.i also has antibiotics after my tooth removal and i felt better after a few days

lelespears
12-09-16, 12:03
Day 4 on all these anti bios and still no improvement! Is this normal? I'm still in a lot of pain!

hanshan
12-09-16, 12:58
Up to two weeks for the infection to subside - that's fourteen days, not four. Another ten to go ...

lelespears
12-09-16, 16:12
You sound like a lovely person Hanshan. I'm looking for help not sarcasm

hanshan
13-09-16, 02:09
I can only repeat what I said, which I think is very helpful information - the amoxicillin plus metronidazole combination covers a wide range of infective bacteria and is the best there is. It is usually prescribed if the infection is deep-seated. It can take up to fourteen days for the infection to subside.

Apart from that, try not to disturb the socket as a blood covering is helpful, and be patient.

lelespears
13-09-16, 12:15
Been back to dentist today. He cleaned out the socket and tugged at the root that was left in.. Was agony! Now hes packed it with stuff please god let this help.