PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety relapse - weightloss!

emnemz
11-09-16, 10:38
Morning guys,

just thought i would check in, my anxiety has hit a whole new level these past few weeks. I am worrying about everything and anything. Had a visit to AnE and also GP, aparently everything is normal, but doesnt help me think that way... Has anyone suffered weightloss due to anxiety? obviously i am thinking the worst case senario, i have lost 4lb in the last week, not through trying so now alarm bells are ringing!!

now i have had problems with my toilet habits, going from 1 extreme to the other the last few weeks, and also i have stopped witht the alcohol (lager) during the week, so the logical part of my brain is saying this is y i have lost so much weight... and weighing myself twice today prob doesnt help.

I just keep thinking something bad is happening again some form of cancer, and i cant get it out of my head, my therapist said ive had a shed load of stress lately so it is just my anxiety but im still not convinced.

Writing on here, coz my family dont listen, just tell me not to be stupid...

on another note, i had a rook ear piercing yesterdat, as its meant to help with anxiety... anyone else had one? we shall see

xxx

heyitsmeyou
11-09-16, 11:06
During my peak of anxiety, I had lost over 15 lbs in almost a month. During these times, our digestive system shuts down while your body is practically doing a marathon because of the fight or flight response. My bowel habbits changed drastically too. What ever little I could put into my tummy, looked the same way coming out. My stomach just wasn't having any of it. So yes. Very much anxiety related.

hanshan
11-09-16, 11:16
In my pre-medication days when I was constantly anxious, I was also naturally anorexic. I wanted to gain weight, but just couldn't eat enough.

Unfortunately, today my meds stop the anxiety much better, but I also eat more and gain weight more easily.

emnemz
11-09-16, 12:33
thanks guys.. constantly dizzy last few days from the stress of it! do you mind me asking what meds u take, as my doc wanted to put me on cit, but my therapist said its no good for anxiety!xxx

hanshan
11-09-16, 13:58
I take mirtazapine and pregabalin. Both are conducive to weight gain, particularly mirtazapine.

emnemz
11-09-16, 15:33
excellent thanks for the help :-) xxx