PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

ScaredMama
11-09-16, 19:26
I've been having pain on/under my left ribs for close to six months now. I was diagnosed with a possible stomach ulcer as well as costochondritis. Anyhow, I am laying back and gently palpating my abdomen, wondering if I have been misdiagnosed. I have a visible pulse that is super strong next to my belly button. Visibly strong bounding pulse. Does anyone else have this? I am scared that it is an aortic aneurysm now.

hanshan
12-09-16, 02:11
Yes, I have a visible pulse in my abdomen if I lie on my back. I don't think it's a sign of anything dangerous. Did you follow up on the possible gastric ulcer? There should be treatments available.

ScaredMama
12-09-16, 13:13
Yes, I am currently being treated with omeprazole, and I have been icing my ribs in the case that it is costochondritis. I made an appointment for a chiropractor this Wednesday, but since yesterday I found swollen lymph nodes in my chest, I am going to cancel and call my primary care provider to see if she can get some imaging done for me.

KeeKee
12-09-16, 13:18
I have a visible pulse in my stomach too. It's super strong . I used to be worried about an aneurysm too but my doctor said it's normal. It even moves my laptop if I have it leaning on my stomach.

ScaredMama
12-09-16, 13:22
That makes me feel better. When I put a stethoscope there, my pulse was so strong it was bouncing the stethoscope. I am just trying to get to the bottom of my persistent dull pain under my left side of my lower left ribs. My blood work all came back fine, but I truly need a CT scan, especially now that I have a few more swollen lymph nodes.

xastropadro31
08-07-18, 21:27
I have a visible pulse in my stomach too. It's super strong . I used to be worried about an aneurysm too but my doctor said it's normal. It even moves my laptop if I have it leaning on my stomach.

Is kinda to the left ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk