PDA

View Full Version : Loose stools for over a month, now numb abdominal pain.. mad H/A now. :(

Anxietynez
11-09-16, 20:14
Hi all, as the title says I've been having loose stools for over a month now, and with my history of health anxiety i decided to try and not think anything of it as diarrhea has been caused by my anxiety before, but a week ago i had numb, mild abdominal pain running for a couple of days with green stool. the pain subsided for over a week since then, but started again a couple of days, and now noticing green stool again aswell. the pain hasn't really subsided as it did the previous time, but it is also not that severe of a pain, it's pretty mild. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? it's really beginning to get draining now. some other things to mention, i'm 19, and had a blood test checking for inflammation and an Xray about 2 months ago because of some back pain, which came back clear. any and all help is very welcome!

smiles
11-09-16, 21:37
Green stools arnt great, but not a sign of any thing sinister, sounds like a tummy bug, they can hang around a while, go to your Drs reception, get a poo pot, fill it (not too full) then drop it back round to get tested, I really wouldn't worry. Easy to say but trust me it's a tummy bug x

Anxietynez
11-09-16, 23:49
Thanks for that Smiles. i really need to get this anxiety under control :(

aaronrh76
12-09-16, 16:24
You are only 19 so I highly doubt it is anything major. You are seeing a doctor which is good. Green poop is not the best but isn't too worrysome either. I mean there is this stool color chart but that isn't the most accurate sure fire way of knowing if you are healthy or not. I mean its good information, but I wouldn't worry about anything that isn't long term. I mean if during St. Patricks Day I celebrate and eat a bunch of green cookies with green food coloring, guess what my poop will be green. So a lot of things can throw off the color of your poop from diet, to anything really. The only color I would really be worried about is if it was grey or black. I will add that Pepto Bismal turns your poop black, so if you take that and your poop is black, thats normal.

SLA
12-09-16, 16:27
What is your diet like?

Anxietynez
13-09-16, 00:50
What is your diet like?

It's pretty standard, not the healthiest diet but i barely touch any junk food / fizzy drinks. if i do it would be for an event or something, not just anytime.

---------- Post added at 00:50 ---------- Previous post was at 00:45 ----------

You are only 19 so I highly doubt it is anything major. You are seeing a doctor which is good. Green poop is not the best but isn't too worrysome either. I mean there is this stool color chart but that isn't the most accurate sure fire way of knowing if you are healthy or not. I mean its good information, but I wouldn't worry about anything that isn't long term. I mean if during St. Patricks Day I celebrate and eat a bunch of green cookies with green food coloring, guess what my poop will be green. So a lot of things can throw off the color of your poop from diet, to anything really. The only color I would really be worried about is if it was grey or black. I will add that Pepto Bismal turns your poop black, so if you take that and your poop is black, thats normal.

thanks for this. yeah my only main worry right now is how this abdominal pain started over loose bowel movements i was already having. and of course google is about the worst place i can go for answers.. :(