PDA

View Full Version : I'm finding it so hard to control my anxiety lately

anxious_thoughts
12-09-16, 05:34
Hi guys :(

It's been so hard lately. I feel like I'm dying.

I have terrible health anxiety regarding my blood sugar. I worry that I'm not eating as often as I should even though I am. I'm scared I'm diabetic. As soon as these thoughts click in I feel panicky and dizzy. I start to heat up and it just feels like I'm about to pass out.

It's been so hard the last 5 months. I've trained my mind that every three hours I have to eat a large meal or else I'll pass out or faint. So when I pay attention to time all of these symptoms appear. If I eat the feelings instantly go away. I'm sure it's all in my head. I'm finding it so hard to overcome it though. I don't know if I can do this anymore. It's literally taking over my life.

hanshan
12-09-16, 08:04
Well, your doctor can easily test to see if you are diabetic. If that was the case, you would be given proper treatment and advice.

And eating a large meal every three hours is likely to make you overweight in the long run, which will increase the risk of Type 2 diabetes, so it's definitely not the way to go.

See your doctor for a test and advice.

SLA
12-09-16, 11:56
So you've trained your mind to eat a meal every 3 hours, otherwise you'll pass out. Yet, you still feel like you are going to pass out. :D This is most likely an issue with your thought processes. Don't panic!

As the previous posts suggest, see your doctor first.

3 Dietary Things that Really Helped My Anxiety:

Small Breakfast. Small Lunch. Normal/Big Dinner.
Going gluten-free. (Literally quashed my anxiety by 95%)
Cutting out soft-drinks.

It's perfectly normal to be concerned about what you consume, just start making better decisions!