PDA

View Full Version : Cancer

chrisban84
12-09-16, 12:50
Hello everyone, new here looking for support / advice.

I had Thyroid cancer last year, which I am now recovered from. However for the last 3 weeks I have been getting headaches across my forehead, a pain under my left eye, abdominal pains, loss of appetite, weight loss (6lb in 1 day) and generally feeling unwell and not myself.

I have been to the docs they have done a urine test which showed blood and infection in my urine and have put me on antibiotics for this, they assume it is a UTI. I have blood tests on Wednesday and they want a stool sample as well. Then I am seeing my GP a week later.

I have been googling, i know its bad, and I have convinced myself I either have Colon, Kidney or Pancreatic cancer. I know I should just wait for the test results however you will all know what I mean.

Thanks, C

SLA
12-09-16, 12:56
Very sorry to hear this Chris. Until you know for sure, it can be a very difficult time.

It is natural to be concerned, but do not let it consume your day. Allow your mind to rest periodically by focussing on doing something simple. (A short walk, or reading a book.)

When you feel unwell, you start looking for more reasons to reaffirm that belief. So all of the symptoms you mentioned may end up being nothing.

It is essential to get these things checked though, so I wish you all the best for the test results.

Take care.