PDA

View Full Version : Awaiting Test Results

OhioMom65
12-09-16, 13:48
So...I posted back in May about my fears over having a colonoscopy. It's the sedation I fear, since I had a bad reaction to an epidural during one of my pregnancies, now any kind of sedation makes me nervous.

Anyway, my doctor told me about Cologuard, which is a "do at home and send in" colorectal screening test for people at average or low risk for colon cancer. So I opted to do that instead. I sent the test in on Thursday -- they would have gotten it at the lab on Friday. Now, to wait. If the test shows any blood in the stool or positive for precancer markers, I'll have to have the full colonoscopy. I don't have any symptoms, this is just a "you're 50 now, you need to be screened" kind of thing.

I wish I hadn't read about all the angry people online who took the cologuard test, and then had a false positive test. The FDA has approved this test, but still, there are a lot of people out there who say it's junk. So even if it comes back 'ok', I'll probably still worry that it was a junk test.

How do you all get through the waiting for test results? Does anyone else worry?

Thank you.
Lisa

SLA
12-09-16, 14:02
Play the percentages game. The most likely outcome (by some distance) is that everything will be alright.

When you accept that, you can move your focus onto other things.

I wish there was a more complex, and interesting answer, but that is it!

OhioMom65
12-09-16, 14:14
LOL! Sometimes, even the most simple solutions escape me when I'm worried or stressed out. Thank you for your kind response! :)