PDA

View Full Version : Mind bending

Maven
11-10-04, 21:04
In recent weeks i have been aflictied with a slow suffocating agoraphobic panic that has restricted my days in numerous ways, sometimes even in the contentment of my own home i find myself suddenly overtaken by an aura or fits of uncontrollable fear; my only refuge is to jump into a cold shower and assume the fetal position whilst the water plays.
Due to the above mentioned i have missed many days in class and am consequently falling behind, and albeit i still create tenasiosly actually phisically practicing with my beloved band in mt pleasant has been severly limited because of this plaugue.
I am sending this notice in hopes of coming across advice from others who may be afflicted or anyone who may have helpful words.

Mind bending thoughts make me me curl into a ball I shudder and clench my jaw

nomorepanic
11-10-04, 21:16
Hi Maven

Welcome aboard. Have you read the "First steps" post under the Welcome topic - there may be something there that helps you.

We are all here for you so let us know what help you need.

Nicola

Rennie1989
12-10-04, 14:40
hiya

there are a few people who suffer the same as you, i was at dover castle ans we went threw this tunnel and i was well scared coz of the limited of space!

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

Meg
13-10-04, 18:27
Hi Maven ,

Its awful to feel the world closing on on you like this.

You are not afflicted with this from an outside source . You are mostly creating this response with how you are viewing life and your responses to your own inner thoughts and dialogue .

To improve you need to expose yourself in tiny steps to the situations you find difficult . There are several threads on this .

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

jill
15-10-04, 14:53
Hi Maven,

Welcome to the site.

Sorry to hear how you are feeling right now.
You say [ in recent weeks] do you suffer with
agoraphobia or has this just come on?

We are all hear to help and support you.

Jillxx

May your troubles be less
and your blessings be more
and nothing but happiness
come through your door