PDA

View Full Version : Scared and lost

Vigilante
12-09-16, 20:45
Hello all,

I went to the walk in eye A&E earlier because of my progressively worsening visual disturbances. I had around a 4 hour wait and then had a fully dilated exam, this is the second time buy this specific dr, the first time being in jan this year when she had told me my symptoms could be due to either a mass or bleed on the brain. I had since had a clear head ct scan and my symptoms didnt seem to get any worse right up until 3 weeks ago.

This time she again found no eye abnormalities and wants me to have an mri scan and again see a neuro...

I've been worried about a brain tumour for 4 years now and have the clear ct scan, my gp says that would absolutely show up something wrong if indeed there was.

Clear ct, no optic disc swelling and a neurological exam passed fine in feb.

Still worried though.

Leafers
13-09-16, 06:29
If the docs gave you the all clear, your perfectly fine. If you've been worrying about a brain tumor for 4 years, I'm sure you'd be showing a looooooooot more symptoms than just visual disturbances if you did have a malignant brain tumor. Try to find ways to relax, keep yourself busy, or find someone to help you cope with your anxiety. Anxiety is a pain, most people are here because of that. And closure only lasts for so long, so for your emotional and mental health you should try and seek help for your anxiety, it's not easy when google, the media, everything indicates a simple cough as cancer. Doesn't mean it's a bad idea to keep an eye on your health, but I'd put money on the table saying your fine.