PDA

View Full Version : Fear of Colon Cancer returns :-(

dittarco
12-09-16, 21:32
I've been having a tough time lately dealing with anxiety and panic attacks. I've been taking Clonazapeam as needed and started up therapy again.

However, for the last 3 weeks or so (I want to say mid-August), I've noticed my stools have been loose... a bit watery.. sometimes thin.. ragged edges.. Last night I was up in the middle of the night with diarrhea. I feel bloated and I have gas.

In April, I was having similar issues, and I saw blood on the tissue paper a few times - so I ran to the doctor. She gave me a FOBT and it was negative. She tested my hemoglobin and it was also normal. I put it out of my mind for a bit, but now it's back in my head ---- impending doom: I must have colon cancer.

I am 34 yrs. old now - and yes I have been down this road before several times since I was 21. I would have to say I've had an episode of this colon cancer fear once every 4 years since then...

I've been guilty of analyzing my poop in the past and I am fighting with ALL of the strength I have not to go back to this dark place.

I have a daughter now and tomorrow is her 3rd birthday. I can't let this consume me. Please - a little reassurance to get through the night and tomorrow would be most helpful.