PDA

View Full Version : Depression, Anxiety, Social phobia sufferer. NEWBE

kconnors91
13-09-16, 02:15
Hi Guys,
My name is kristy, Im 24 years old turning 25, From australia. I have been suffering from Extreme Depression, anxiety, and also Social phobia. It's unfortunately something i've been struggling with for awhile now, i was introduced to this site via a friend, this is my first time posting anything i usually just come and read everyone else's story but today i thought i'd share mine.
As a teenager i was always so happy and bubbly, absolutely loved and enjoyed life, made sure i got the most out of every situation. Sadly as the years went on i found myself suffering from depression, back in 2012 two days before christmas things got so much, i felt like like there was no purpose for me,i couldnt get out of bed, i had lost all self esteem, started to gain weight, and just couldnt find any motivation to do anything, i was really struggling to get on with day to day life, so at that stage i felt like i had absolutely nothing left to fight for and tried ending my life. Luckily for me i was found by a close friend just in time but barely, and well spent many days in the ICU etc. After that things slowly felt like they were getting better, well so i thought anyway.. Years went by, i decided to take myself off my medication because i felt like i was young, and i shouldn't be held down and dependent on medication to get me threw every day life...

... AND LETS JUST SAY, it was probably the worst thing i couldve done because it feels since that my depression, anxiety, and social phobia have worsen and i struggle more now then i ever have, every day is hard, but i havent tried to end my life again, i understand theres more to life and i try so hard everyday to see the positive in everything even if my anxiety is telling me something else. I just really appreciate this site,its given me so much more insite into other people illness's and what they are suffering with.I hope to find some happiness within myself again and feel how i use to a few years ago.

Thanks for taking the time out to read my post.X
Kristy C

venusbluejeans
13-09-16, 02:21
Hiya kconnors91 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

emmaxelmo
13-09-16, 18:37
Hi Kristy!

I'm new here myself and I know anxiety sucks. Just wanted to say go you! It's so hard to see the positive side of things when your own mind is trying to press the negative on you. So the fact that you keep trying is awesome. I'm trying that myself these days. Not had too much success but i'm getting there.