PDA

View Full Version : Diagnosed with POTS. Really bringing me down

Raerae91
13-09-16, 03:26
Well I went to the doctors today for the chronic shortness of breathe. My blood oxygen was 98, the doctor came in and straight up told me it was psychological and with all the tests I've received they would have found something wrong with me. Especially with the CT scan and ekgs. Although she did notice how high my heart rate was when resting. She called up a cardiologist and they were having an intense talk right in front of me about what it could possibly be. Not something you do when you have a HA sufferer in front of you.:scared15: All of these things were going on through my head, thinking I had a major heart problem, etc. They hung up and said my ekgs are all normal but will give me a heart monitor to monitor my heart for 24 hours when I'm sleep, etc. she said she still believes this can all be anxiety but to be on the safe side. She then tested me and took my pulse when laying down, sitting up and standing up and noticed an increase each time and said I probably have POTS and didn't really go in to detail and told me to look it up.. Um... Thanks? Well looking up the symptoms I can relate but not that much. My heart rate does increase but not by much and I do get dizzy after laying down but that's only if i get up quickly which I'm pretty sure happens to everyone. Does anyone else have POTS and can give your symptoms?

roseanxiety
16-09-16, 01:42
I do not have it but I know someone who does. She is a young girl (23) and she cannot stand up without passing out. She is heading next week to a special treatment center for POTS.