PDA

View Full Version : Why do I worry about brain Tumor?

helenhoo
13-09-16, 08:51
It's been almost three months since my brain tumour fear started again. It's been one that always crops back and i usually shrug it off and yet this time it's lingered. Any little twinge or ache or floater is a sign to me. I feel a bit nausea this morning (tumour) I had weird dream last night (tumour) I worry I walk to one side, I worry that when I'm in my own little world that this is a seizure. I feel like I'm worrying myself into having one. I know that sounds ridiculous. It's just draining for me.

Yes I have seen a doctor, yes I have an initial assessment with talking therapies (NHS) next week. But I want to be excited for my trip i just can't because I'm worried I'm undiagnosed with a darn illness. It's that horrible gut eating feeling.

---------- Post added at 08:51 ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 ----------

I got to laugh. I was getting ready and suddenly smelt bleach. Phantom smells, wah! Turns out I had sat on a cloth my mom had used to clean and it was on my trousers...

helenhoo
13-09-16, 12:23
It's an Obssesion. I convince myself, worry sick, convince self I'm fine again and then worry. It's endless cycle.

hanshan
13-09-16, 13:25
Helenhoo,

You have started about 150 health anxiety threads since February this year. That's around five per week, if my calculations are corrrect.

These aren't "I think I have a cold" posts but more serious stuff. You are a serial poster fearful of life-threatening conditions.

To answer your question "Why do I worry about a brain tumour?" - I don't know for sure. I suspect it's a combination of some people to be naturally fearful of their health, plus the unprecedented knowledge that we now have and is available over the internet. It's not due to the likelihood of actually having a brain tumour.

helenhoo
13-09-16, 23:56
I feel this smell of bleach had followed me. It isn't constant until I notice it. It's so so so faint and isn't there if I cover my nose. I'm waiting for Gary to come and tell me off again but I'm worrying. I can smell it at home sometimes but thought it was where we clean cat litter. Sigh

Bigboyuk
19-02-18, 13:40
Sorry the answer lies with you right now, no one else on here can help, get your ENT appointment today end of as enough is enough, I want to see that infact you have made the ENT appointment by the end of today no ifs, no buts and as with every new thread you start you will only get one reply off me ATB

Phuzella
19-02-18, 14:07
Blimey it's been going on a long time

venusbluejeans
19-02-18, 14:13
going to close this so this one does not turn into the same long thread... as bigbouyuk appears to have made an old thread active again

PS. Helen if you have had a brain tumour this long untreated then you would be dead by now