PDA

View Full Version : Fishmanpa I need you help

NGD99
13-09-16, 15:02
Hello Fishmanpa, I really need your help. What dimension had your lymph nodes when you discovered them and how they grown? Slow or quickly? What symptoms have you had? I'm really worried about head and neck cancer. I am 17 years old and I had some lymph nodes, 1.5cm I think. They are the same sizs since I discovered them, 4-5 months I think.

Mercime
13-09-16, 17:15
Hello Fishmanpa, I really need your help. What dimension had your lymph nodes when you discovered them and how they grown? Slow or quickly? What symptoms have you had? I'm really worried about head and neck cancer. I am 17 years old and I had some lymph nodes, 1.5cm I think. They are the same sizs since I discovered them, 4-5 months I think.

You can look through FPA"s previous posts for your answer. What I can tell you is the chances of you having what you fear are so small, they can't be counted. Cancerous nodes do NOT stay the same size, or come and go. It is a group of abnormal cells that continue to grow. You don't have it.

Captain irrational
13-09-16, 17:47

If I recall, he said his lymph node started out the size of a grape (which is bigger than 1.5 cm), and in the space of a few months ballooned to the size of a golf ball.

I also have a friend who had non-hodgkins lymphoma. His lump was doubling in size every month.

pulisa
13-09-16, 17:52
Fishmanpa has severe problems of his own at the moment so I wouldn't expect him to be in a position to help you just now

dale12345
13-09-16, 18:02
Fishmanpa has severe problems of his own at the moment so I wouldn't expect him to be in a position to help you just now

Yeah he has alot going on.

AJ59
27-09-16, 10:53
Hey dude,

I've had a similar worry as well. I'm 23 years old myself, no family history of cancer or anything.

I'm kind of freaking out. Since nearly 1 year ago exactly I felt a hard nob sort of thing in my neck. About 2 cm below my ear lobe and buried beneath the muscle. For me to feel it I have to dig around the muscle.

I've no other symptoms, and it hasn't enlarged (at least not noticeably) over the past year. If I lightly prod my neck are it seems fine, but if I dig a bit I can definitely feel something there.

I will probably see a doctor as it's really worrying me.

Mercime
27-09-16, 11:49
If you keep digging, you will only find that you have irritated things, and caused a healthy node to swell! If there was anything sinister there, it would have grown - that's a certainty.
It hasn't, so there is nothing for you to worry about.

Please stop prodding though!

Lifelonganxiety!
27-09-16, 17:18
Best advice at your ages of 17 and 23 is to go out and enjoy your youth and energy. We all have lumps and bumps, dont wake up one day wishing you were young again and in great health.