PDA

View Full Version : Is This OCD..?

cscott2
26-03-07, 22:28
My Mum Is OBSESSED With Cleaning The House - She Has A Rountine Every Morning That She Goes Through. Plus Me And My Bro & Sis Are Constanyl Being Told - Every Night - To Keep The Window Open When Showering,Wipe Down Everything When Finished And To Try Not To Wet The Bath Mats Too Much. And If We Dont Do This - All Hell Breaks Loose :huh: I Dont Get It!! She Has Also Developed An Obsession To Mopping The Kitchen Floor Like 5 Times A Day!! Starting To Worry - Could This Just Be Being VERY Clean Or Does It Sound Like OCD?

Good Thing Is The House Is Free Of Germs :D :D :D

domino
26-03-07, 22:36
AGAIN i,m no expert, but it sounds like o.c.d to me, i like a clean house, and li would like that my daughters clean up after them ,after all they are 21/23 but do find myself doing it most of the time.:shrug:

cscott2
26-03-07, 22:44
lol yeah at 21/23 you should be able to. but its getting a tad bit outof control. driving us all mad!! i like a clean house too but to this extent is a bit extreme :|

domino
26-03-07, 22:50
Have you told your mum of your concern?

cscott2
26-03-07, 22:55
yes!! we all have. so has my dad - hes told her he thinks she needs to see a doctor or one of theses days shes going to have a heart attack! she flips out if we leave a hall light on by accident as it is wasting electricity! whenever we say something she just says 'if i didnt tell you to do things they wouldnt get done' or 'is it you who cleans this house' - it is madness. she doesnt give us a chance to clean the house!

domino
26-03-07, 23:04
Just an idea, all chip in and do it for her, then if she carries on with her ,dare i say it {nagging}sit her down and have a chat about the way she is behaving,good luck.

cscott2
26-03-07, 23:07
yeah makes sense doesnt it! but i swear...we try but its not 'clean' to her standards or done the way she likes so thers not point :S

domino
26-03-07, 23:12
There,s every point, god i,m sounding like your mum ar,nt i so sorry. but if you really think there is no point , try and understand a little, if it is o.c.d. it will need to be addressed.

cscott2
26-03-07, 23:22
i know mum,she wont admit thats what shes got....she'll just tell us its the way she is! i do understand and just say yes when she asks me to do things over and over. its just very very frustrating at times!!

unique1986
27-03-07, 01:12
it does sound like ocd.
im 21 and i have ocd, i have to clean very often, everything as to be perfect to my standerds or i get anxious. :wacko:
i live at home and sumtimes drive my parents crazy lol. my mum as abit of ocd but hers aint as bad as mine ,
you must understand how hard it must be for your mum, i know shes driving u mad but u must think of it from her point of veiw, its not easy to live and cope with trust me! :shrug:
but she does need to see a doctor, if she wont listen to you then you just need to wait it out, oneday she will be ready to get help. :hugs:
hope this helps.