PDA

View Full Version : Experiencing traumas on many levels since mothers death as a child

Nancy88
13-09-16, 16:26
Hi my name is Nancy and I suffered many traumas since the death of my mother and on many levels that it's hard to not know where to start. My mother was addicted to pills and my father was an addictions worker. I know right go figure. My father and mother had divorced and my father had remarried when I was 13 to have my mother die in a house fire 6 months later. I was more close to my mother then I ever was with my father so there it begins. The upbringing of a spiteful hateful step mother and a father never knowing of all of the wrong going on at home. I had (at that time) 4 brothers and 3 sisters to now have 3 siblings and I'm now the oldest. (37). To find out many years later my mothers fire was deliberate and took the life of my 2 year old sister. I wasn't even over the death of my mother to have my 12 year old brother to die 2 years later to an accidental hanging. My eldest sister was 8 months pregnant and had 4 little ones and died 10 years after my mother to her own house fire. (Propane stove). I then lost another brother at the age of 23 to a deliberate hanging and several siblings lost at 6 mos old and stillborn. As a mother of a 2 handsome intelligent boys who r now 13 and 11 and a new addition to our family 8 mos old Khristianna, I couldn't be happier. The only thing I will love to overcome is my daily fear of the kids dying. I have been suffering from this for many years to the point now I barely leave and it's affecting my relationship with my daughters father. It has caused so much disruption in my life with this fear that I'm in tears by the time the boy's return from hanging with friends even if a half n hour has passed from the time they were to return. I'm constantly checking if the baby is breathing and always worried my bf can accidentally die at work or out of the home. I joined this group in hopes to find answers or help. My family is suffering and I would greatly appreciate any feedback. Thank u for ur time and for letting me share PART of my story. ❤️

Kuatir
13-09-16, 16:31
Hi Nancy. It sounds like you've been through a lot and I can't blame you for feeling the way you do. As these feelings are deeply ingrained I really think a therapist would help you work with the thoughts and fears you have. Are you seeing one?

venusbluejeans
13-09-16, 16:31
Hiya Nancy88 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Nancy88
13-09-16, 17:44
Hi unfortunately no I am not seeing anyone for help at this time and thank u for welcoming me to the group.