PDA

View Full Version : A little bit of everything.

emmaxelmo
13-09-16, 18:57
Hey guys,

So i'm a bit of an awkward one. I have a fair few health issues under my belt so I don't feel well alot of the time. However I panic all the time about a million things going wrong with my health (Thanks for that anxiety).

Everytime I have a panic attack I feel like i'm going to die. I have palpitations alot. Even something as simple as a random pain or twinge in my body tends to make me feel like there's something seriously wrong with me.

I wouldn't label myself as a hypochondriac because i'm fairly good with most things. If I have a cold or the flu or my ibs kicks up, I don't think i'm dying. But random things like a pain in my arm or leg can trigger those kinds of thoughts.

Anybody else have really weird pains, twinges etc that make them overthink?

SLA
13-09-16, 19:48
If anyone focuses on their bodily twitches, and oddities for long enough, then they will soon have a long list of things. Then you match those things against a list of symptoms, and "Wahey! I have Parkinsons!"

The ultimate goal is to not focus on them at all. As an interim though, you can compartmentalise each small thing, and rationalise it. (i.e Strange pain in my leg, probably just a muscular spasm. Or... my eyes ache. Probably just tiredness.)

emmaxelmo
14-09-16, 11:38
Yeah I know. I know i'm just being irrational and I am so not going down the road of giving myself a long list of diagnoses.

I have been doing that. It's just irritating when it happens during a panic attack or on a day where my anxiety has rocketed.

Thank you though :)