PDA

View Full Version : Add another symptom to my roster

ScaredMama
13-09-16, 19:14
So I have posted on here a few times so far regarding the same issue. I have had a dull pain in my upper left quadrant of my abdomen just under (or on) my ribs since February. My blood work was normal and I am still awaiting a CT scan. I was diagnosed with a possible ulcer and costochondritis and was given omeprazole. I have never had bowel, stomach, or acid issues but lately my stools have been light colored and floating. I have an appointment with my new doctor in the morning as I have developed swollen lymph nodes IN MY CHEST on my left side. I can feel the lumps in between my ribs. I am beginning to get really nervous as I am only 29 and have a toddler who I am a stay-at-home mom for. He needs me. I am just so tired, no energy, I've lost 10lbs in 2.5 weeks. My last bowel movement had a groove in it. I am just scared and imagining the worst. I feel as though I have an undiagnosed cancer that has spread to my lymph nodes.

Kathryn313
13-09-16, 19:29
Not too long to wait until your doctors appointment tomorrow when you can get everything checked out. Lots of reasons for what you maybe feeling.

Nothing will change between now and when you see the doctor so maybe try distracting yourself and your thoughts towards something else for now. (I know, easier said than done!)

ScaredMama
13-09-16, 19:34
Thank you. I am in such a poor mental state right now.

Joe Hayes
13-09-16, 21:27
Hang in there Mama. I have similar worries and have a doc's appt tomorrow and my GI on Thursday.

So hard not to think of this stuff, I know...

ScaredMama
13-09-16, 22:14
Thank you Joe. Keep me posted on your appointment and I will update how mine goes.

Joe Hayes
13-09-16, 22:21
Will do. Our job is to just show up

ScaredMama
14-09-16, 02:07
I have two more symptoms to add to my list. Over dinner, my food tasted weird just to me. I've had a chemical-like smell stuck in my nose on and off since. Plus unexplained bruising on my leg and feet. I will post a picture. I have a really bad feeling right now.

Joe Hayes
14-09-16, 03:18
In how many hours is the appt?

ScaredMama
14-09-16, 06:43
7.5 more hours. I felt like my heart was beating against something in my chest. Felt my rib cage, and found a mass fixed on it. If I don't get some answers tomorrow, I'm going to have to check myself into a mental hospital.

heyitsmeyou
14-09-16, 09:19
Don't have really anything to say that hasn't been said already but hang in there. I know the torture of waiting for results. It may be nothing. :hugs:

Joe Hayes
14-09-16, 10:54
If it helps--and it helps me sometimes--make a list of your symptoms and worries. Sometimes getting them out of your head and onto paper can have an oddly calming effect. Keep us posted.

---------- Post added at 05:54 ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 ----------

(And then just put the piece of paper into your pocket to bring with you)

Joe Hayes
14-09-16, 18:06
Update?

ScaredMama
14-09-16, 18:15
Doctor ordered an xray for the lumps in my chest, referred me to a breast clinic for an ultrasound for them as well, refered me to gastroenterology for an endoscopy and colonoscopy. She ordered a ton of blood work including lyme disease, thyroid function, and rheumatoid testing. She assured me that I do not have lymphoma because my CBC would have been screwy (though this contradicts things I have read on lymphoma sites that state the only way to check is to biopsy the nodes). I do have blood and squamous cells on my urine as well as slightly low % of leukocytes (which again scares me about lymphoma). Right now I feel a bit numb waiting for more results. I'm just tired. So tired.

Joe Hayes
14-09-16, 20:06
Good...it sounds like you are getting a comprehensive response to your worries. Great news about the CBC, that jibes with what I have heard about your lymphoma anxiety.

I updated my thread here:
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=188634&page=2

I think we are both tired!!

ScaredMama
14-09-16, 20:42
I need a shot or 3 of tequila. Too bad I'm on this ulcer diet.

Joe Hayes
14-09-16, 20:58
So when is the next appointment?

ScaredMama
14-09-16, 21:41
I should be expecting a call from the breast clinic and gastroenterology within the next 2 weeks to set up an appointment. I should be getting a phone call tonight or tomorrow about my chest xray. Also a call by Friday or Monday from my PCP for my bloodwork.

Joe Hayes
14-09-16, 21:45
Ok keep us posted; I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Maybe you could have one shot of tequila??

ScaredMama
14-09-16, 22:01
At this rate I'd probably get drunk from sniffing the outside of the bottle :-) I will keep you posted.

Joe Hayes
15-09-16, 11:51
Hear anything? Going to my appt in 2 hours and am very scared.

ScaredMama
15-09-16, 13:15
Nothing yet, let me know if you get any answers.

Joe Hayes
15-09-16, 13:21
Thanks friend. You too.

ScaredMama
15-09-16, 16:05
What's the word? My bloodwork came back for rheumatoid factor (lupus, other autoimmune diseases), b12, vitamin d, C-reactive protein, protime INR, glucose fasting. Everything was normal except I was a bit low on Vit D. Should be getting a call about my chest xray any hour. Also still awaiting lyme disease test to come back. I was in a lot of pain when my stomach was empty late yesterday and I was playing in the park. But 1: I was moving and running a lot so that could be costochondritis or 2: my stomach was empty and that could be the suspected ulcer. My lymph nodes are still swollen too.

Joe Hayes
15-09-16, 16:19
Updated my thread: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=188634&page=3
That is great news for you! Vitamin D is easy to fix!

ScaredMama
15-09-16, 18:31
So today while feeling around my stomach area again in disbelief that I have an ulcer, I decided to lift up the skin over my ribs (on the area that hurts). I noticed a deep lump in my skin over the area, and on top of that lump, a VERY suspicious looking mole. Like, I'm talking textbook basal cell carcinoma. The lump is located right beneath the mole. I called the dermatologist immediately and they are going to see me today at 4pm. I am scared, of course, because with some of my other symptoms, it appears that if this is basal cell carcinoma then it has spread. I have seen TWO dermatologists in the last 6 months and if they both missed this, and it has spread I am going to be livid (and possibly dead). If I am overreacting and made my sister in law fly home from work today to watch my son because I am being crazy, I am swearing off the internet. Good day.

Joe Hayes
15-09-16, 22:25
Man! Keep us posted.

ScaredMama
15-09-16, 22:31
I went to the dermatologist, convinced once again, that I had skin cancer and poured my heart out about all my recent troubles. She looked at the "mole." She said, "flip your bra up and let me see your nipple" so I did, and she tells me, "You see how it's the same color and in line with your nipple? I think this is a tiny third nipple." I then made her biopsy my third ****ing nipple. What is wrong with me?! I was POSITIVE I had found the source of my pain. I was like, "so you're sure this isn't basal cell carcinoma?" She was like, "yeah, but I've been wrong before."

Joe Hayes
15-09-16, 22:47
Oh boy. The third nipple! I thought that was a myth haha

ScaredMama
16-09-16, 01:33
Yeah if it had looked more like the chick from Total Recall I would have kept it. Unrelated, the breast clinic called today and I have an appointment for next Wednesday.

---------- Post added at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 20:08 ----------

I just ate a slightly more lenient dinner than I have been following for my suspected ulcer diet. I had wheat breaded baked chicken tenders, roasted potatoes in olive oil, and whole wheat pasta. I had upper back pain within a few minutes of eating it. Googled it, pancreatitis comes up. I need some answers. These hospital bills are going to be OUTRAGEOUS.