PDA

View Full Version : Brain Tumour Flight Worries

lb76696
13-09-16, 19:59
I've had a blocked Eustachian tube in my ear for a few weeks now. It's the tube that connects the throat to the ear. I can constantly hear a wind sound in my ear. My Doctor said she could see fluid in there which was probably caused by a cold. I had a cold awhile ago but very mildly. I have tried the ear popping technique and whilst this has made them pop, there's no improvement. On top of this I've been getting more headaches than usual. Most notably, I was awoken by one the other morning that got worse when I bent down. I read that such headaches can be a brain tumour symptom. This has got me convinced that that's what I have and is the reason for my ear too. I am going on a plane for the first time in three weeks and I am terrified of flying because of this. I feel like the pressure will build up in my head. Has anyone had similar fears? Or a blocked Eustachian tube?

georgewing
14-09-16, 06:09
Man why do you think so negatively ? I hate when people think at so disasterous things for example what if i would have cancer ,tomor etc and other bad desease stop doing that .This its anxiety that want you to be scared like hell dont make his game and think pozitive not let the negative to control you

lb76696
14-09-16, 07:04
Man why do you think so negatively ? I hate when people think at so disasterous things for example what if i would have cancer ,tomor etc and other bad desease stop doing that .This its anxiety that want you to be scared like hell dont make his game and think pozitive not let the negative to control you

Because I have health anxiety...negative thoughts surrounding health are sort of part of the package unfortunately. I don't choose to think like that.

heyitsmeyou
14-09-16, 07:51

Do you not realize what type of forum this is? Of course he's thinking the way he is. As with every other single person posting. That answer doesn't help the OP nor adds any contribution to this post.

Anyways. As having a headache that gets worse when bending over/exerting yourself as the primary reason for your concern, I wouldn't worry about it at all.
I think most headaches would act this way. I DO however have a brain tumour. Its small, very low grade, and very operable. I know of the warning signs that Ive been told by my neurosurgeons and trust me, you would know if something was not right. :bighug1:

LittleMissAlone
14-09-16, 08:28
Heyitsyoume

That's very moving your mention of your ACTUAL brain tumour. All best wishes for you, sir, that's a real problem, luckily it sounds as if it's in hand.

However, it's a bit of a contradiction ticking off George Wing for saying exactly the same thing you've said, which is "don't worry". The only difference is that you're telling the OP from the standpoint of being a genuine, as opposed to imaginary, patient.

We all just want to say don't worry to people on this website. I think George Wing is right on this occasion, he's trying a bit of tough love. Basically saying to these young people get off the bleeding Internet, you're not ill, if you're really worried see a doctor, and enjoy your lives before you're ill through old age!

heyitsmeyou
14-09-16, 08:52
Heyitsyoume

That's very moving your mention of your ACTUAL brain tumour. All best wishes for you, sir, that's a real problem, luckily it sounds as if it's in hand.

However, it's a bit of a contradiction ticking off George Wing for saying exactly the same thing you've said, which is "don't worry". The only difference is that you're telling the OP from the standpoint of being a genuine, as opposed to imaginary, patient.

We all just want to say don't worry to people on this website. I think George Wing is right on this occasion, he's trying a bit of tough love. Basically saying to these young people get off the bleeding Internet, you're not ill, if you're really worried see a doctor, and enjoy your lives before you're ill through old age!

Yes I suppose thats true. Just seemed to come off as rather mean to me.

Katy_o
14-09-16, 09:11
Remember your ear, nose and throat are all connected. If your eustachian tube is blocked it is very likely that your sinuses are blocked/slightly inflamed. This is waaay more likely to be the cause of your headaches than a brain tumour. I always get terrible pain in my ears when I fly, I was advised to use a decongestant nasal spray for a few days prior to the flight. You might want to try that before your flight?