PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety caused by having a crush!

char123
14-09-16, 09:00
Hi everyone,

Im hoping that somebody else has had this problem also and can give me some advice. So recently i've started having this crush on a guy that is causing me to be anxious and especially feel sick at times. We are in a lesson together and the lead up to this class is torture because I feel sick, hearts beating really fast, IBS symptoms and I lose my appetite. I sort of think that he sort of likes me too, not being big headed or anything but my friends have noticed too, and I think that is what is causing anxiety! On some level I want him to like me and talk to me etc but my anxiety is just out of control!!! I have experienced anxiety before from 'talking' with guys and im scared that it means I have a phobia of relationships, commitment or something which scares me too because it means Ill be alone for the rest of my life :')
I cant seem to stop this anxiety by putting this situation into perspective, like if we did 'go out' it wouldnt be the end of the world. I dont know what will work unless I completely blank the guy so he thinks im not interested so i get back into my comfort zone again.

Please help!! I feel so messed up haha, i'd appreciate any advice or reply.

SLA
14-09-16, 20:27
I felt like this about a girl once, when I was 16. She was so amazing, I used to think about her ALL OF THE TIME.

It's completely natural to feel this way about someone.

My advice:
Imagine you walk into the back of a classroom with a hundred seats lined up facing away from you. Each seat has this guy you like sitting in it! There are a hundred carbon copies of this guy, each sitting and staring forwards.

Does that make you nervous? It shouldn't do. You could talk to any of them at any point. If one doesn't like you, there is one right next door that you could also talk to. If you mess something up, there is another one further on to try again.

So relax... there is nothing to worry about.

If you talk to this guy and he likes you, he will like you regardless of how nervous you might seem. Trust me.

And if he doesn't, then there will be more right around the corner.