PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain

Aimee1875
14-09-16, 21:00
I had a bad case of tonsillitis almost two weeks ago and got a weeks worth of penicillin from the doctors. I didn't manage to finish it all and missed the last day due to training for a new job and I couldn't take it in time. Anyway it went away but now I've got the cold and I'm coughing up yellow mucus:( I've noticed I feel something like chest pain but not all the time. The more I think about it I feel like something's there and if I cough it feels like a slight twinge in the left side of my chest. I'm so scared that if I cough so much I'm gonna have a heart attack or if I have pneumonia and it goes undiagnosed. I'm probably just overthinking it but chest pains really scare me!

SLA
14-09-16, 21:04
Well, it's impossible to cough yourself into a heart attack, so you can forget that! :D

It is a muscular pain related to coughing. Your entire chest plays a role in the process of coughing. Coughing will cause chest pain.

You have a chest infection. It will go.

Aimee1875
14-09-16, 21:12
Hey,thanks for the reply. I was thinking that possibly the coughing is what's causing it but when I keep thinking and thinking about it it makes it worse and the pain gets worse because I'm hyperventilating! I've just taken 2 ibuprofen and 1 paracetamol just to ease the pain hopefully if it's muscular. I hate these damn coughs!!!!