PDA

View Full Version : worsening symptons A&E visit

Vigilante
14-09-16, 23:38
Hi,

My visual symptoms continue to worsen to the point where my whole field of view is full of flashing dots/static, in a panic I went to the local A&E where I was checked over and given another head ct scan (had one in jan) this was again clear, my eyes have tested clear only a few days ago too so I'm very lost and confused. My worry is of course a brain tumour but thats 2 clear head ct scans...

kerryann
15-09-16, 06:16
lets just suppose that they missed your brain tumour in Jan WHICH THEY DID NOT!!!! you had another CT scan in September which would most certainly show a tumour being bigger 9 months down the line. There was nothing there YOU DO NOT HAVE A BRAIN TUMOUR. you have had this confirmed twice. Most likely extreme anxiety which the more you worry about the more you focus on, Breathing exercises are great as are relaxation CDs or Hypno sessions on You tube.

KA

heyitsmeyou
15-09-16, 08:45
Believe me from experience, a CT will not miss a brain tumour.

almamatters
15-09-16, 17:47
Have to just agree with the other posters, two CT scans would not miss a tumour. It's good your tests are clear .

jayware33
16-09-16, 06:34
Sounds like migraine with aura. Called an ocular migraine. There isn't always a headache either. I'm surprised they didn't metion that? Usually another family member that has migraine too, usually the mother.
I suffer from it. Static or snow everywhere like an old tv. Starts off as a small spot or patch then can grow until all your vision is snow then slowly fades after 30 minutes or so.

hanshan
16-09-16, 07:31
Agree that this is probably migraine ...

But CT scans are incredibly expensive. If you did not pay, someone else is paying.

This may not apply to you, but people cannot pay indefinitely for expensive and mostly unnecessary tests for HA sufferers.

NancyW
16-09-16, 12:50
CT scans are not something you want to keep repeating, lots of radiation.

hanshan
17-09-16, 11:23
This is another point - CT scans are based on multiple x-rays from a number of angles, so you have to balance the necessity of the test against the possible damaging effects of the x-rays.