PDA

View Full Version : Weight loss

sebinkent
15-09-16, 08:06
Hello all,

I'm getting a bit concerned about weight loss. I've lost around 10 pounds in the last few months without dieting. I have been more anxious than usual recently.
Anyone else have this with anxiety?

Thanks.

LittleMissAlone
15-09-16, 08:23
It seems people either overeat or undereat with anxiety. I know I'm an undereater and there was a time in my 30s when I was freaked out by it, I had a stressful job at the time and had difficulty eating. I was checked out by the doctors and was fine, probably my BMI went down to about 20 so still perfectly healthy.

If you have been eating less you're going to lose weight.

heyitsmeyou
15-09-16, 08:42
If you have been feeling more anxious than usual, that is likely the culprit. I loose a lot of weight during bouts of anxiety. When you're anxious/stressed your body will burn nutrients and fat much more quickly.

sebinkent
15-09-16, 11:02
I think that is the case, thanks. Even though I eat like a butcher's dog, I can't put on weight and I'm starting to look skinny. My metabolism is ridiculously speedy. I'm sure adrenaline plays a role here too..

Colicab85
15-09-16, 11:18
When i first lost my marbles i lost over a stone in about a month.

Now I'm less anxious i find myself over eating massivly and have put on loads of weight.

saf138
15-09-16, 13:52
I definitely relate to the above poster when I had my bout of health anxiety a few months back I lost 12-14 in about 4 weeks.
Besides losing 10 pounds in a few months lets just say for argument sake 10 weeks is not sinister at all try to level out your anxiety level and you'll find yourself putting the weight back on.