PDA

View Full Version : Driving myself crazy (exhausted, headaches, eye strain, depression)

Bluevelvett
15-09-16, 21:50
To be frank, it would be easier to list symptoms that I haven't experienced this Summer break. Over the past few months I have been to the GP several times a month over symptoms from acid reflux to fatigue to chest pain, worrying about a stomach ulcer, then gallstones, then MS, and the ongoing one - lupus. My anxiety's favourite.

I know that I have this tendency to be ridiculous, but throughout the strange array of symptoms I've been consistently fatigued along with a tension headache, eye strain (and struggles focussing my eyes despite having glasses), brain fog, light-headedness and feeling apathy towards everything. I've been off uni, so I have spent a lot of time laying down and feeling like I need to sleep constantly. I just don't feel well. My blood tests (vitamins, coeliac panel and thyroid) came back fine except for a mild B12 deficiency, but my doctor was pretty bad at explaining whether or not that can make me feel this exhausted and dead. I just constantly feel like it must be something serious.

I am sorry for the massive post... this is seriously making my life hell.

Zilde
18-09-16, 02:55
I'm going through alot of the exact same symptoms over the past few months. Had all the usual tests, all clear.

I think accepting you're suffering a health anxiety disorder at the moment will be a big step in helping you on the road to recovery.

Whenever you have an anxious/ irrational thought or worry about your symptoms, write it down and what you fear it could be. Then next to that write the evidence you have for your fears, and the evidence against it. In your case you said your blood results were fine aside from a B12 deficiency, which you should find hugely reassuring in itself! It will take time but if you do that exercise I mentioned you will realise your anxiety is irrational and you'll behin to take back control :)

Hope this has been of some help to you :)