PDA

View Full Version : Constant concious swallowing (must read)

Guillers95
16-09-16, 06:25
This is actually rlly receantly, but it keeps me from sleeping, only sleep 2 hours in 36 at the moment. (sorry in advance for any gramatical error out there). I feel the need to swallow my spit or saliva like once in 2 minutes, except if my mind is busy with other stuff which makes it impossible to do while i try to sleep. I know it comes from anxiety since i suffer from it, i just want to know if you guys/girls have experienced any of this and how you solved, i need my sleep

Pigoonlet
18-09-16, 11:59
Distraction helps a lot, maybe put talk radio on for a bit or read a magazine. One of the more frustrating manifestations of anxiety I know.

Theonlyone
18-09-16, 18:35
I just had this problem 2 weeks ago once my anxiety came down it has almost gone away only comes back once in a whole and is improving every day, it's related to anxiety

Pigoonlet
22-09-16, 17:02
Hey guys, if it helps try carbonated ice cold water. I just read that that can ease any need to clear throat and swallow.

Theonlyone
23-09-16, 20:11
By the way do you feel excess saliva in your mouth or the urge of swallowing because of your throat?

Pigoonlet
23-09-16, 21:56
By the way do you feel excess saliva in your mouth or the urge of swallowing because of your throat?

Yes, really common.

Theonlyone
24-09-16, 04:00
Yes, really common.

And how do u stop it

Pigoonlet
30-09-16, 23:18
Try to distract yourself from it, try relaxation techniques using videos online.

LittleLionMan
28-10-16, 19:24
Did you get an answer for this? I watched a video on YouTube about Globus, and it stopped this for me straight away. Feel like my brain understood and that was it...!