PDA

View Full Version : Urgent advice needed

Andy1718
16-09-16, 06:55
So as many who know me on here I have returned to teaching after some time off.
My occupational health had advised a phased return to work. Sadly my back to work review was after school had started and the school has not really phased me in to school. I was back on a full timetable in week one which was more workload than the reason I was off. I am now in a department of one and already my stress is heightened. I can feel my bodies response, shallow breathing, adrenaline in arms etc. something that had left me on my road to recovery. So I come to a turning point. My school hasnt really supported me on this at all. Taking off the odd lesson here and there is not a phased return in my opinion. So I now turn to my union to see where I stand. I am not going to let the incompetency of the school make me ill again. I am still in work but I know
It's a matter of time before I am off and I cant stop that happening. Any advice would be greatful.

Mojo61
16-09-16, 07:15
Hi Andy. I was literally just thinking about you and how you were getting on with your return to work.

I completely agree with everything you say, you really need to go to your union about this because it would appear that your employer has failed miserably in your so called "phased" return to work and there are laws about this. You simply cannot allow this to put you back on your road to recovery because you were (and still are) doing so well. Please, please contact your union today to arrange a meeting ASAP and get some urgent advice as to what to do in the meantime.

hanshan
16-09-16, 07:19
Talk to your union and get them to understand your situation. Then you and the union together negociate a return to work that suits you.

sidiam
17-09-16, 11:37
Hi Andy,
Not knowing much about how it works in England, I did wonder why what you were doing was called "phased return to work". After the first few days you seem to have been thrown in at the deep end and have even more things you are expected to do.
I can't give advice but hope that the union can help..What about your doctor, or is it out of his hands? At least you know that something has to be done and aren't just battling on regardless.
How is it going with the medication?
take care
Sxx

Carnation
17-09-16, 11:46
Andy, when the adrenalin rushes come back, the body is warning you that you are over doing things. Maybe a case of too much, too soon.

Unions can take time, so my advice would be to go to the Doctor for the support.
I think you know that going back in to work full on would have some repercussions with your recovery. I don't know how long you have been working there, but it becomes irrelevant when you are ill, you need time to recover.

Get support from your Doc for the present while you converse with the Union. x