PDA

View Full Version : Never thought Brain tumour would be a fear of mine, help!

Kirbear4
16-09-16, 13:31
So,

I have been doing fairly well of late after having an absolute meltdown over several things so this is what makes me think it's not anxiety related.

I suddenly started to feel very odd a couple of weeks ago, I want to say dizzy but nothing was spinning it was a wooziness but fleeting. However, it has been a daily occurrence since. It's not constant, sometimes I get a real tired sensation with it. If I try and concentrate on it so I can figure out the feeling it's like it stops. So bizarre! Also my memory is shocking lately, unless I'm noticing it more!

I have visited there dr who checked eyes, pulse and listened to chest and heart. He sent me on my way and said he isn't concerned. He asked if anything had changed and I said not really, I have taken up a new exercise class called pound which involves slightly weighted drumsticks. I have noticed a pain in the back of my neck when I press. He think the sensation will vanish as quick as it started.

I, however am convinced this is a brain tumour. I have booked myself into Physio just incase it is muscular but I doubt that could cause this feeling.

I have still been going to the exercise class including last night and I don't feel strange at all. Last night I struggled a bit in the lunge position (my feet felt odd) but other than that I felt fine.

Do I return to the Drs to demand further tests? Does anyone think this could be a tumour.

axolotl
16-09-16, 13:37
Do I return to the Drs to demand further tests? Does anyone think this could be a tumour.

We're not doctors, but your doctor is! Our advice shouldn't have more weight than his, quite the opposite! If he's not worried, you shouldn't be. If they even had an inkling it may be a tumour they wouldn't hang around.

I, however am convinced this is a brain tumour.

How long did you spend in medical school?

just incase it is muscular but I doubt that could cause this feeling

How long did you spend in medical school?

I'm not saying that to have a go or be flippant, just compared to a doctor your medical knowledge is non-existent, and you need to listen to the experts when they say you're OK. :)

SLA
16-09-16, 13:38
The neck pain is interesting.

I have suffered on and off with neck pain over the years, and use a special pillow now.

I have to say, whenever I had neck pain, it was also accompanied by dizzyness, and odd sensations in the head. The two are so intrinsically linked.

Have you been unwell, or had a virus within the last 3 months?

Kirbear4
16-09-16, 13:56
It's fine Acolotl I need telling sometimes! Haha

I haven't been unwell SLA but I have noticed my rhinitis playing up a bit again. I also have sores in the corners of my mouth which keep nearly going away but then coming back again. I did have low ferritin levels a while ago and had been on iron tablets. I haven't taken them since Feb time so I'm wondering if it could also be related to that. Plus I had a bump to the back of the head a couple of days before it started too.

I have googled my symptoms and to be honest they didn't really bring up brain tumour alone so I'm not really sure where this fear has come from! Now I've realised I'm breath holding but I don't know why! (Not scared of the reason why more wondering if I have been doing for a couple of weeks which could perhaps also cause wooziness)

SLA
16-09-16, 14:02
I also have sores in the corners of my mouth which keep nearly going away but then coming back again. I did have low ferritin levels a while ago and had been on iron tablets.

Weird.

I has this earlier this year. Mouth sores, and low iron/B12.

I struggled with it if im honest, and my health anxiety came back.

Put myself on a gluten-free diet, and over the next few weeks, I had amazing energy, and virtually no anxiety.

Kirbear4
16-09-16, 14:04
That's interesting SLA.

I do have a blood test form I was meant to use in May but I just stopped being worried about my low ferritin for several reasons and didn't get it checked to see if it had increased. Perhaps I should have.

saf138
16-09-16, 14:33
Hello
A bit of a coincidence there's another thread like yours which is just above yours I left a post on that which may be worth a read.

All the best

Kirbear4
16-09-16, 17:27
Thanks Saf!

I think I'm experiencing other symptoms now due to the anxiety the woozy feeling is causing me. I will see how I get on a Physio on Thursday and take it from there. Thanks guys x