PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal constipation symptoms?

paranoid-viking
16-09-16, 14:36
I have suffered repeting constipation since early June now in the same period that I have been ysterically afraid of perhaps having pancreatitis.
However there are some discomfort in the stomach that I monsterously fear are symptoms of pancreatitis but I wonder; or rather HOPE could be just a sign of long lasting constipation.
Such as:
-tender feeling at various parts of upper abdomen, like under the chest, on the deudonomen, between button belly and chest. Sometimes it feels like mild needle stinging, sometimes it develops into small cramps.
-discomfort on the sides; both sides.
-burning feeling in stomach after consuming coffee and alcohol. Not massively; no disabling pain; just unpleasant enugh to scare the living hell out of me

Anyone here, please help me out. My fear of pancreatitits is killing me.

Note: I am allready diagnosed with acid reflux if that is relevant.

skymaid
16-09-16, 14:40
Sounds very similar to what i get, pretty much the exact same symptoms (i have ibs so get a lot of constipation).

Sometimes i worry its appendicitis then I remind myself that worrying about it is isn't going to do anything other than make me feel worse.

Of course you should always get checked out by a doctor at least once.

paranoid-viking
16-09-16, 14:46
Sounds very similar to what i get, pretty much the exact same symptoms (i have ibs so get a lot of constipation).

Sometimes i worry its appendicitis then I remind myself that worrying about it is isn't going to do anything other than make me feel worse.

Of course you should always get checked out by a doctor at least once.

I would not worry about the apendics because if it got an infection it would be just to remove it and you would be fine right? I know many who removed it; it was no problem at all after its done, no lifelon diet or complications following after it. Unlike the dreadful pancreatitis disease that I pray to God I do not have.

Thanks a lot anyway my friend. Every information that can throw lights on this is positive.:bighug1:

Do you think I should avoid coffee and alcohol if it is IBS?

skymaid
16-09-16, 17:16
I dont drink coffee but alcohol definitely makes my ibs worse